Got 34 stableford points today...

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
Got 34 stableford points today... happy enough as that keeps me in the buffer for 15 handicap. Dropped from 17 to 15 and seem to be keeping it there at the moment. Still aiming at 9 by September.

Good to get round with 34 points. Oh, almost forgot... I lost 6 balls in water in the round.

Dammit.

When it clicks, it does it from tee to green. Then I stick a silly shot in water, and my recovery is bang on again. I probably only hit 6 poor shots today - each one ending in water. Everything else was spot on.

If that was on the courses I played back home, there would be far less water - each bad shot could generally be recovered by chipping out of trees etc. Here, its water and a lost ball.

AAAAAAAAARGH, I hate this game, but I love it!! :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done, what I would give to be in dubai right now, I love that place. Do all the courses have alot of water compared to over here?

There is a course near me (Aldersey green for anyone interested) that features no less than 14 ponds! Nightmare.

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
there is more water than on courses I played back in NE Scotland for sure. Not Florida amounts though :D

Certainly strategically placed - eg, a 250 yard water carry (for the big hitters) to get into position A leaving about 120 to the green (can play safer, but leaves 200 to the green), only to again face the water cut in at the front of the green. Makes getting on in regulation quite tough.

Enjoying it all the same, even though its hotting up - played a nice evening round on Friday at a balmy 42 degrees. Sheesh!

If you happen to be in Dubai, give me a shout and we can head out for a round! :cool:

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
Got 34 points again after work last night... Sadly, I was on 34 points with 2 to play. Managed to tripple bogey the last 2 holes for 2 scratches.

What a tool.

Friday money game tomorrow, and playing with 2 low handicapers which will either give me a good boost to play closer to their level, or smash me to bits!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
just might do mrrobbie, my two pals have just had a week out there, i might go out next year for a week, feb maybe!

mrobbie

Club Champion
Visit site
Re: Got 36 stableford points today...

and today was 36 points... out in 13 points (+13), back in 23 (+3)! Consistent. Not.

The back 9 was phenomenal. Actually, from the 8th hole onwards I had 1 birdie, 8 pars, 1 bogey and 1 tripple bogey. The tripple was down to being cockey trying to recover from under a tree where a pitch to the side would probably have left me with just the bogey. They bogey was on the hole after where I was still a bit miffed at myself.

I just can't drop below 15 h'cap - I know its in me to be lower, and I am so close to it... just need to hold it all together and the h'cap will drop.

Todays round was still on the recently cored greens so it included a couple of 3 putts on the 1st 9 which did not help at all. Another 2-3 weeks and they will be back to normal.

So that's my update for today - the wife wasn't interested and I just had to share!! :D

Mike