Good putter for £30 quid is it possible?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A good putter is one that you feel comfortable with and gets the ball in the hole.
It can cost between £4.99 and £499.

All you can do is try them out and pick the one you like best.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi, basically as in the title? all advice is welcome

Why not. Maybe not a new one, but...

One of my Pings was £35 and I've been offered double. My Taylor Made Monza was about the same. I'd rather a 2nd hand Ping for £30 than new anything else for £70.

Don't sports direct sometimes do "proper brand" putters for good prices?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was a Wilson putter in JJB the other day. Same shape as the 8883 (I think , like the Odyssey #9). It wasn't a Wilson Staff though, just Wilson (if it makes any difference?)

That was £30 and looked pretty nice. If I hadn't just bought a centre shafted putter to try I would've been tempted

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was a Wilson putter in JJB the other day. Same shape as the 8883 (I think , like the Odyssey #9). It wasn't a Wilson Staff though, just Wilson (if it makes any difference?)

That was £30 and looked pretty nice. If I hadn't just bought a centre shafted putter to try I would've been tempted

Good spot! Sooner or later something pops up...it always does.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can probably pick up a Benross Pure Red for about £30.00, I used to have one and loved it. You can also pick up an MD Seve for just over £30. Go onto onlinegolf and just move the price slider down to £30 and you get a couple of pages of options.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pop to your local american golf or any other golf superstore. Try as many as you can the buy the one that suits best, if it's out of your budget new look on eBay for used.

I shopped last month with a £200 budget, tried everything including scotty camerons, pings, yes etc, ended up with a 50.00 tm rossa. The putter us the only club your certain to use every round 30 times or more. In my opinion more important than any other club so it's important to get this club right ;)

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My pal bought a putter for 15 GBP 6 years ago and it is still in his bag. He likes it very much. I cannot putt with that thing but maybe that's because he is left handed :rolleyes: