GolfShot WHS Update

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Found a photo of the card for this course online. Its 18 lengths is just over 5,000yds from the tips, yet was showing its SSS as 70. Pretty sure that the club has not bothered to affiliate with the Lincs Golf Union and therefore has no official slope or CR. Can only assume that Golfshot has made one up. What seems strange though is the figures the OP gave for Slope and CR would result in a much higher handicap than before.
Looks like Golfshot mixed your course up with the other one, so just email them the photo of your card and they'd adjust it.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Looks like Golfshot mixed your course up with the other one, so just email them the photo of your card and they'd adjust it.
I am not the original poster and it does not look like he courses have been mixed up, as neither appear to be affiliated to EG. Looks like GolfShot have tried to ammend their app to be WHS compliant and totally messed up. Agree though that the OP needs to contact them to find out what is happening.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am not the original poster and it does not look like he courses have been mixed up, as neither appear to be affiliated to EG. Looks like GolfShot have tried to ammend their app to be WHS compliant and totally messed up. Agree though that the OP needs to contact them to find out what is happening.
I see, did the OP get any resolution?

I played a round with updated Golfshot and it put it me a shot down rather than a shot up for the course handicap based on my index. Will email them to check.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi.

I’m new to the forum, so apologies if this has been answered before (I searched and didn’t see anything).

I’ve been using GolfShot (paid version) for a couple of years. I only play at 1 course 99% of the year and have a handicap there of 15. A couple of months ago, I updated the app and it now calculates my handicap using the WHS system to be 4 for the course I play at, based on some slope/handicap rating.

I am totally confused now! I’ve never scored 74 around my course (Par 70), and that won’t happen anytime soon! It seems that GolfShot has not taken into account that my 15 h/c is for this course.

Should it be applying slope ratings for any other course I play but not this one? I assumed that everyone would have a ‘home’ course where their handicap was earned and that slope ratings would then apply if you played at other courses. Perhaps that’s wrong.

In any case, to emulate my 15 h/c in GolfShot I’m now having to put myself into the app as a 27 h/c golfer. It then alters it back down to 15 (mad!).

Has anyone had similar issues?
Is Golfshot fully compliant with the EG WHS system. I thought it only worked with the US GHIN.