Golf's Missing Links.

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Earlier this year I appealed for information to add to my free website Golf's Missing Links www.golfsmissinglinks.co.uk It records the history of golf clubs and courses that no longer exist.
I had a great response from fellow loungers. We have just added a "Continental Section" and I would welcome any help for courses that have disappeared in Europe, particularly Spain.

John Llewellyn

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a follow on from my earlier post.
Does anyone know if Monte Mayor Golf Club, Marbella, managed to survive, I know it was struggling.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Monte Mayor has gone. Must be 8 or 9 years. Could even be longer. A cracking track. I lost many balls. What I thought were bushes , turns out they were the tops of 200 foot trees and balls gone to bottom of hills.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Monte Mayor has gone. Must be 8 or 9 years. Could even be longer. A cracking track. I lost many balls. What I thought were bushes , turns out they were the tops of 200 foot trees and balls gone to bottom of hills.

I know time flies but it only closed in December 2011. Great course but brutal at times.

upanddown

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Monte Mayor was outstanding. Great course and a cracking wee courtyard to have a drink and a bite to eat in afterwards. Perhaps too much out of the way for a strong membership.