Golfing Resolutions

robert.redmile

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I currently play off 25, having started playing in April, my best round is 90. - which embarrasses me, makes me lie awake at night, and sometimes my play is so bad it makes me burst into tears (literally), but I can just see things started to bed in, and I feel that my game is starting to come more natural.
so, my goal is to get down to single figures by end of 2015 - I think I can do it, my progress in the last month has been exponential, and I feel I'm on a roll!
I have promised my playing partner I will pay for us to enter one of the Woodhall Spa pairs opens in 2016 if I don't make it below 10.
I know I can do it, and I will.
Rob

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Aim to have played more than 50% GM top 100 courses

Aim to play 2 more open venues (Birkdale is already booked)

Improve my chipping (shouldn't be hard as I'm honking currently)

Make more birdie putts, I don't hole enough of them.

If I do the 2 above I might make a flirt with single figures, need to drop 2.1 to get there

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Practice (and therefore improve) my putting. I'm a great practicer and love whiling away time on the range, the practice area, the practice bunker etc but hardly any time on the practice putting green.

Today I played and gave the same attention to my putting in a practice round as I do to every other shot - needless to say I holed more putts.

So a minimum of an hour a week focussed putting practice plus more care on the course over every putt whether competitive or not.

Coincidentally, I endured another dental session today, and whilst waiting picked up a copy of an inferior golf mag, BUT...heaps of useful stuff on putting!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
To take it a little easier on the golf course with Paul Nash during 2015
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

He's rarely on the same hole after the Tee shot though! :whistle:

Just staying out of the backwash from his practice swing?

Excellent host though! After he's finished suggesting improvements to the course! :rolleyes:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Play more new top 100 courses to me. Think I have eight lined up, and that is not nearly enough. Three are Open courses which is good.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Get as far into single figures as possible. I think I might be able to get to Cat1 in 2016, so 2015 is going to be about putting myself into a good position to get down to 4.something before I'm 40 in May 2016.

Even if it doesn't work out it'll be fun trying. :)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Practicing giving up bit of yardage for more control , gona take that into new season

Short game lesson, been trying a new putting stroke thats getting me better roll on the ball, much better on short putts struggling on pace on the longer ones , ,so i hope to start with having my putting looked at , then improvement in 120/100 yards in & aim for that dream of Cat 1 again

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hoping to get to single figures next season and i think keeping an accurate record of my stats combined with targeted structured practice will be the thing to help me do it.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tick a couple of the top100 course's off the list, other than that… just keep doing what I've done this year. Enjoyed my golf massively this year. (Started off with a great open @ Lindrick, which I'd love to repeat again if anyone is game?)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Keep my right elbow in.
Turn my body through.
Concentrate and stay focused in all games.
Take one more club and shorter backswing rather than try and smack the club I've picked first.

(That'll all be forgotten come first game of 2015 on Saturday :mmm:)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Improve my consistency, and get my ball striking back to where it was 12 months ago. Thinking the introduction of GameGolf will also help to pinpoint where my issues are