Golfing resolutions?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
What’s the silliest/most unlikely resolution you’ve made and will you be making any for 2021?

I always vow to learn how to chip and have lessons but never do. One year I joined a gym with the sole purpose of being more flexible/explosive for golf - left in March, as explosive as I was previously..

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I've now mentally added to a) not change my putter b) enter more comps and c) find a pair of trousers that I like

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Firstly. To get a handicap. Which I excpect will be around 17/18. Then get it down to the 11/12 range by being able to comfortably shoot in the mid 80s.

Secondly. To break 80.

And to also get my son comfortable playing a proper course rather than the pitch and putt.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Intrigued by c), this must be solvable. What don't you like currently?

I fall into the trap of buying £20 pairs from M&S. Don’t like stretchy ‘golf trousers’ and don’t want to pay £60 which I may as well do given I’ve got 10 pairs of M&S ones

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Play more golf when weather picks up.
My sons at a age now where he does his own thing,so definitely be playing more in summer.

gary996

Visit site
To stop messing around with my swing. I want to continue monthly lessons but my best golf has came recently when I’ve stuck to certain positions and just practice those rather than changing based on a feel or video.