Golfing partner falls apart on the 1st

Agent Pies

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last night, looking forward to my round. Tough day at work. Wiring up a new network cabinet and making sure I didn't cut my hands was a skill. I step up to the first with my newly bought Titleist 913 D3 and with a nice easy swing, I caught it well and landed through the trees on the right. I found it no bother. I tell my buddy where he needs to be to get a good angle in and he lines up left of where I said. He hits a 3 wood and somehow manages to hit a shot that just skitters left off the tee cutting grass for about 20 yards.

That was it. Game over, he was going home as he thumps the 3 wood into the tee box and nails the tee into the turf. I said just to hit another to get him off the tee and to watch the temper. He walks around for a bit then hits a nice we shot onto the fairway but leaving a long second up the hill.

The round fell apart thereafter, as he's still mentioning that duffer off the first, and we're on the 4th. I'm trying to tell him to shut up about it in a polite way but he's just getting angrier and angrier with every duffer that goes 20ft up the fairway. By the 6th he's throwing clubs back at his back.

On the 8th he pulls out about 4 Top Flytes and starts pitching them into the pond. My face is getting more red by the hole.

By the 9th he's for walking off and going home. Hates coming out after work blah blah blah despite him organising the round. By about the 10th he's not even carding his score and just started pulling out several balls and practising around the course while I played my round.

Anyway by the 15th I'm ready for drowning him in the pond because of his sheer lack of respect for the course. Thumping the 3 wood off the tee box like Happy Gilmour and cursing. At one point he duffed a PW plugging the ball into the ground where it lay. He then proceeds to drive his PW into the ground like an axe, with only half of the shaft above the ground. I'm furious by this point saying that we'll be getting thrown off if he keeps this up.

I shot an 85 but basically the guy ruined my round with his behaviour, and obviously, it'll be the last round until he can sort himself out, but I just wonder how many folk completely loose their composure during a round.

Also spending ten minutes to look for a Top Flyte on the 10th, was probably the worst thing about it.

Needless to say. I'll be playing on my own for a bit I think.

I didn't know you were on this forum mate!

I do apologise for earlier, but I did tell you I hate playing after work!