Golfing in South East London

Ivan915

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a 19 year old student (based in Orpington) looking to get a membership at a fairly local club for the summer, somewhere in Kent or in south-east London.

I'm currently looking at Redlibbets Golf Club as the main option, but I've heard a lot about slow rate of play and overbooked tee times as a potential warning.

Somewhere not too expensive and an enjoyable course with a welcoming feeling would ideally be what I'm looking for.

Any recommendations you may have are greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ivan R

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t know of many/any members clubs that will want a new member just for the summer.
However there are plenty of clubs not far from Orpington, but slow play can be an issue even a private members club.

MACM85

Visit site
Might want to look at local clubs and see if they offer flexi membership which will give you lower green fees when you do play over the summer.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I could list a fair number who are probably within a reasonable distance from you, but I would suggest looking at those who do age related discounts. At 19, it should be quite reasonable for you just dont talk about just the summer.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a 19 year old student (based in Orpington) looking to get a membership at a fairly local club for the summer, somewhere in Kent or in south-east London.

I'm currently looking at Redlibbets Golf Club as the main option, but I've heard a lot about slow rate of play and overbooked tee times as a potential warning.

Somewhere not too expensive and an enjoyable course with a welcoming feeling would ideally be what I'm looking for.

Any recommendations you may have are greatly appreciated, thank you.

Ivan R

A very good friend of mine was at RL for a few years when Austin lodge closed, excessively slow play and overbooked p&p golf was the reason he left.