Golfers Elbow

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've had this problem on and off for nearly 20 yrs now. My usual "treatment" as been to wear a wrist brace for a few weeks which effectivly imobilises the wrist, preventing strain on the tendon at the elbow. Whilst this is fine at work obviously its not much use on the golf course.
I've only been playing 18 mths and this is the first flair up i've had to deal with. So my questions are thus:-
Are these forearm brace's any good?
If so which one would you recomend?
Many thanks BPM.:cheers:

blackpuddinmonster

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i just wear a velcro elbow support and this seems to work ok
regards
shagster
As luck would have it we had an elbow brace lying around(HID works for the NHS)so on your advice thought i'd give it a go. I must admit i had me doubts, thought it would restrict my movements, but it was great and played relativley pain free, result.:thup:
Cheers Shagster :clap:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Elbow straps work for tennis but not golfers elbow as a rule. Is the pain on the inside (golfers) or outside (tennis)?

LeeTurner

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I suffer badly in both inside elbows. The one thing that does exacerbate the issue is practicing off range mats. One hour at the range and the next day I'm in agony and struggle to straighten my right arm.
It will be interesting to see what happens when, and if, we start to get firmer fairways in summer.
To echo other comments, go and see the quack and don't try to play through it. Maybe I'll also take my own advice.