Golfers car of choice..

V

vkurup

My local public course is a pretty decent place, and as one drives up, one can see a wide range of cars/vans parked up. You get the full range from Builders vans to hatch to BMW/Mercs/Jags, an occassional sprinkling of Orange Elise and Porsche. Last weekend, there was Audi R8.

Overheard the guys walking past the R8. 'What a w******r, I bet he cannot swing at all.'

Question, what is an golfers car? Is the cost of the car inversely proportional to the ability to swing a golf club?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Funny you should mention this.
I started with a new pupil last week who's a lorry driver by trade. He's very new to golf so his swing is all over the place. His shirt doesnt get tucked in and his track suit trousers stop just below the knee. Training shoes round off his ensemble.
But, he looks pretty cool when he drives out of the car park in his dark blue Astin Martin Vantage.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny you should mention this.
I started with a new pupil last week who's a lorry driver by trade. He's very new to golf so his swing is all over the place. His shirt doesnt get tucked in and his track suit trousers stop just below the knee. Training shoes round off his ensemble.
But, he looks pretty cool when he drives out of the car park in his dark blue Astin Martin Vantage.

Blimey Bob, Christmas has come early :whistle:;)

In answer to the OP I can safely say, the quality of car is usually linked to the quality of the clubs but bears no resemblance to the quality of swing.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I could afford one I'd get a Ford Mondeo Titanium. Very nice to drive and is the ideal 4 ball motor. Can take 4 bags and 4 people with immense ease.

Otherwise I'll make do with my 1998 Peugeot 306 diesel. Can squeeze a fourball with some discomfort but happily takes 3.

As for the indication of ability. Nope. I've seen plenty roll up in BMW's etc and make me look good. Doesn't even reflect the quality of clubs. A lot of the men with money I know are tight as a gnats arse and would begrudge losing a found ball never mind buy new clubs. Hence why they probably have all that money. Look after the pennies and all that.

Last edited:

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
I haul up in my beemer and promptly scramble the sticks out of the back seat because the flamin boot isn't big enough!preferred the works van,could easily fit a 10 ball in there

Davey S2

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a Lotus Exige then a Porsche Cayman S and had to have the clubs in the passenger seat. Used to get some funny looks from the local Jag drivers!

I've got a sensible BMW now but it's nice having a decent size boot.

D

Deleted Member 1156

When my 6 numbers come up it's going to be an Audi RS6 estate. Loads of space for me and 3 mates plus clubs and so quick that we could set off from Dorset, play 18 holes at Dornoch and still get back in time for dinner.

Oh hang on...if my 6 numbers come up it will be private jet........

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I rock up in A variety of wheelchair accessible vehicles. I run a business which convert them and why run your own car if you have the chance

If I were to use my own vehicle, the ford cmax isn't bad and gets my playing partners in with all of their gear too

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Question, what is an golfers car? Is the cost of the car inversely proportional to the ability to swing a golf club?

Probably. :)

An R8 is one of the coolest cars around, far more "conservative-golf-club-style" than most of those super cars.

The question is - "which one of these do I go to the golf club in?"

Ferrari002.jpg

and the answer isn't the barbie scooter.