GolfBuddy WT4 not charging

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
Title says it.
I've started to have problems charging it.
It's just over a year old.
When charging properly the battery icon should constantly move from 1 to 4 bars until the icon eventually shows solid.
My icon now turns solid in a very short time but when removed from the charger it's no further charged than when started.
I've googled to no avail and the user manual doesn't cover it.
Many thanks.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get in touch with Golf Buddy support, I had a software issue with mine and they asked me to send it back for them to look at (emailed me pre paid shipping label), ended up sending me a new replacement less than a week later. I can't remember if it was still in warranty though, possibly just outside.

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the posts.
I tried a different lead - a Kindle lead fits - but to no avail.
The GolfBuddy lead charged the Kindle ok.
I've left it with the "retailer" - my Club Pro.
He wants to see the problem for himself and if it can't be solved he'll deal with GolfBuddy.
He rang me to tell me the battery icon had reached three bars but that was after about 5 hours - it usually charges fully in a few hours.
If it drops back to 1 or 0 rapidly then it can only be the cradle or watch battery.
I'll go see him again tomorrow

Hiron!

Visit site
Hi Beezerk,
I have messed up the charging cradle for my Golf Buddy WT4 and I note back last year you had a spare one. I'm having trouble getting a replacement and I would be very interested if you still have it.
If so, happy to pay postage and contribution. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Ron Harris (Hiron!)
ronharris@talktalk.net

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had one and had 2 software issues and each time they sent me a new unit. This model is very impressive but they do seem to have had some trouble with it. Nevertheless they always seem to sort them out and look after their customers so I wouldn't shy away from contacting them directly.

Hiron!

Visit site
Re: GolfBuddy WT4 charging cradle

If I could find it Ron it's yours, I have a sneaky suspicion it's in one of the many boxes in the loft though.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If you should come across it I would be delighted to pay your postage and a donation. (If your loft is like mine, you may never find it!!!)

My address is: The Cot, Old Cote Drive, Brent Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2JT.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Ron Harris

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Re: GolfBuddy WT4 charging cradle

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If you should come across it I would be delighted to pay your postage and a donation. (If your loft is like mine, you may never find it!!!)

My address is: The Cot, Old Cote Drive, Brent Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2JT.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Ron Harris

Id edit this and take it to PM if I was you, your address details on a open forum is very trusting, if not a bit daft IMO.

Bridestream

Visit site
My Wife and I have GB WT4 watches.
One working ok since I got it 18 months ago. The second watch went unserviceable after 6 months.
The second watch had to be rebooted twice from a link to a programme sent by GB in Europe - I'm in Ireland.
Now, after the second rebooting of watch the charging indicator is all over the place resulting in the watch not charging fully - even when left charging overnight.
I have two charging cradles and it makes no difference which one I use.
Got on to the European HQ of GB when I had the first problem (6 months after I made the purchase) but they are not interested in helping because I bought it on line from a USA company!
They will only cover guarantees on watches bought from an European outlet.

Would I recommend GB? Absolutely no way.
I am amazed their guarantee only operates within the territory the watch was bought.

MICM01

Visit site
My Wife and I have GB WT4 watches.
One working ok since I got it 18 months ago. The second watch went unserviceable after 6 months.
The second watch had to be rebooted twice from a link to a programme sent by GB in Europe - I'm in Ireland.
Now, after the second rebooting of watch the charging indicator is all over the place resulting in the watch not charging fully - even when left charging overnight.
I have two charging cradles and it makes no difference which one I use.
Got on to the European HQ of GB when I had the first problem (6 months after I made the purchase) but they are not interested in helping because I bought it on line from a USA company!
They will only cover guarantees on watches bought from an European outlet.

Would I recommend GB? Absolutely no way.
I am amazed their guarantee only operates within the territory the watch was bought.

Here is their customer service number in the US 888-251-6058
Jason Fox
Jason_Kim@golfbuddygolbal.com

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know it's a long shot but had this prob with my iPhone .
The cause was fluff from my pocket in the socket so charger was not connecting properly.
Always check now with wooden toothpick.

Bridestream

Visit site
I know it's a long shot but had this prob with my iPhone .
The cause was fluff from my pocket in the socket so charger was not connecting properly.
Always check now with wooden toothpick.

The two charging docks work perfectly with my Wife's WT4.
I have an older WT3 that has come out of retirement and while not as accurate as the WT4 is better than nothing.
Today I'll find out if the charge indicator on the WT4 is accurate or not. It indicates 1/3rd charged - this is not sufficient for a 4 hour round.
I'll let you know the outcome.
Séamus

P.S. Excuse typo in first post - should read Two (not GB) WT4 watches!

Last edited: