Golf watches around £200

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So I carry a Bushnell laser as a rule but having recently joined a new course in finding slot of blind tee shots where I cannot zap the pin.

Currently torn between a golf buddy w10 or approach s40 so interested to hear feedback on either of these, also are there any others I should be looking at in this bracket?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the S40 Approach, really pleased with it, does everything I need and when synced to my phone records useful information. I don't even take my laser with me any more.

D

Deleted member 15344

I have just started using the S40 approach - impressed with it so far

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Get a second hand Garmin S60. The are always a few on eBay or Facebook marketplace in as new condition for that price. Some are cheaper now.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Get a second hand Garmin S60. The are always a few on eBay or Facebook marketplace in as new condition for that price. Some are cheaper now.

I have a Approach S60. Excellent piece of kit.
But you can't have mine?

Seriously, you won't go far wrong with either the 40 or the 60.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Does the S40 need the CT 10 sensors in order to monitor stats and mapping out your round? Can you use the watch without the sensors and input what club you're using as you go round?
I'd like to see each hole and how far I've hit each club with stats over the season etc.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does the S40 need the CT 10 sensors in order to monitor stats and mapping out your round? Can you use the watch without the sensors and input what club you're using as you go round?
I'd like to see each hole and how far I've hit each club with stats over the season etc.

I have recently bought an S62 which I am very impressed with. The S40 is a similar design so I can vouch for comfort and ease of use.

Here is a review on the S40 which you might find helpful.

https://golfsidekick.com/distance-finder/garmin-s40-review/

I think the answer to your question is no sensors needed, you enter manually after it has detected your shot. That's certainly how the S62 works and this review suggests the S40 is no different. Golfsidekick wanted exactly the functionality you were after.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I have recently bought an S62 which I am very impressed with. The S40 is a similar design so I can vouch for comfort and ease of use.

Here is a review on the S40 which you might find helpful.

https://golfsidekick.com/distance-finder/garmin-s40-review/

I think the answer to your question is no sensors needed, you enter manually after it has detected your shot. That's certainly how the S62 works and this review suggests the S40 is no different. Golfsidekick wanted exactly the functionality you were after.

Thanks. Watched a whole load of videos but they didn't really answer my questions.
This went straight to what I was after. Good find.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Certainly not for mapping out your round, you can get the sensors which will enable you to record chips and putts I believe, I just enter the club used manually after each stroke.
Hole 11.jpg

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It depends how many whistles and bells you want. I have the Bushnell GPS watch which gives
  • Bluetooth Allows for Wireless Course Updates
  • Long Battery Life – Play 3 Rounds Before Charging
  • Preloaded with 36,000+ Courses in 30 Countries
  • Easy-to-Read Front/Center/Back Distances
  • Up to 4 Hazard Distances Per Hole
  • Auto Course Recognition & Auto Hole Advance
  • Shot Distance Calculator & Round Odometer
  • Integrated Fitness Step Counter
  • Tee off time function
That pretty much covers all I need.