Golf Trophy - awful

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am the only one who thinks that the trophies in golf are just awful. Who decides on the deigns? Tigers Masters 'lego' house trophy was just ewwww.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
mcmanus_trophy-56a3d10b3df78cf7727f633d.jpg

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes - very strange how you don't get more classy trophies.

I think the Oscar statue is a great little award - so well designed and elegant. And the winners stand around holding it all night as it is such a comfortable looking thing to hold in one hand.

The Claret Jug is a nice trophy, and the Ryder Cup has an understated class about it.

But a lot of these modern designs are so gaudy and awful.

The WGC trophies (porcelin type urns in pastel shades) are quite nice, but I feel they are spoiled by having 4 versions of the same trophy.

The Wannamaker Trophy (PGA) is so daft. Such a large cup that it makes everyone holding it look a bit silly, like they are in land of the giants.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in a team game last year and hoped we came second rather then first because I knew the prize for second was better than the one for winning. Just loved it when exactly that happened.

(we did not throw it deliberately because the scores were only published once they were all in and it was a shotgun start)

D

Deleted member 1418

I always thought the Masters Green Jacket looks utter gash! And the one they immediately present the winner looks like it doesn't even fit properly!