Golf trip in Kent

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am back from my little trip, I have bee so lucky, 5 rounds of golf and not a single drop of rain!!

Here are a couple of words for each course I've played.

London Golf Club: we played the International, venue of the World Match Play next october. Very nice layout and very elegant clubhouse, it was all lush and perfect. I liked very much the opening hole, the par 3 8th, par 3 12th, and par 5 13th, the rest were quite forgettable and the closing hole was a bit meh imho, a classic Nicklaus design. 7/10

Royal St. George's: first time I've played it, very difficult course, lost like 6 balls :D but what an experience! I liked very much the Maiden and the approach at the 4th. You really have to know this course to play it decently. Members were a bit grumpy and welcoming is not the word that comes to mind while you are there imho :) 9/10

North Foreland: nice little course with nice views and scenario, especially on the 1st 9. 18th is a pretty closing hole. 6,5/10

Littlestone: what a fun day!! Course is lovely, challenging but fun. I liked very much the approach at the 2bd and we also played the last 3 with the wind in our faces, hit a 3w at the 17th and didn't even reach the green! :D We had a very nice club sandwich in the club house and then we discovered the chef was Italian. Very well done Littlestone! 9,5/10

Chart Hills: layout is fantastic, both visually and technically. What a pitty the clubhouse and the bunkers needs some Donald Trump to arrive there and invest some millions £ to make this place back to the top again. It's a real shame since it has such a lot of potential. 17th is so and so, while 1st, 9th and 16th are my favorites. 8/10

What do you think? :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
5pm should be fine for a four ball, 6pm for a two ball or if you're very quick, it's good light to 9.30pm at the moment but it is getting shorter now.

Dunno what part of the world you live in Geezer, but if you can still play after 9pm you must be a bat!
It's dark in Kent by around 8.30 now.
I went fishing on Wednesday and lake rules state I can fish until 1 hour before dusk. I was starting to pack up at 6.30!!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Dunno what part of the world you live in Geezer, but if you can still play after 9pm you must be a bat!
It's dark in Kent by around 8.30 now.
I went fishing on Wednesday and lake rules state I can fish until 1 hour before dusk. I was starting to pack up at 6.30!!
He posted in June you old fogie.:smirk: