Golf Things That Gladden The Heart

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well done Lottie. Despite a final round that will have disappointed that was an excellent first outing at a top pro event - quite possibly her first serious four rounder, so great experience.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Well done Lottie. Despite a final round that will have disappointed that was an excellent first outing at a top pro event - quite possibly her first serious four rounder, so great experience.
Tied 23rd with exactly the same score, 1-under for 4 rounds, as C. Hull and G. Hall who are both better off to the tune of £57,500.
That is surely enough to quash any doubts in Lottie's mind about the viability of a future pro career.
Good on her.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Tied 23rd with exactly the same score, 1-under for 4 rounds, as C. Hull and G. Hall who are both better off to the tune of £57,500.
That is surely enough to quash any doubts in Lottie's mind about the viability of a future pro career.
Good on her.
Doubt Lottie has any doubts about herself 😄 This will have just confirmed her self-believe. Onwards to the next three majors for her, for which members at my club have raised £5k to help her and her folks with the costs.

Meanwhile back to collegiate golf and her studies (she is also academically very bright - good state education for you - she went to same secondary as my pair).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Feeling rubbish and tested +ve for covid this morning…and a beautiful day into the bargain.

But cheered up as in her college NCAA conference regional finals in Las Vegas Lottie has put together consecutive -5s to be 10 under - to lead the individual score field. One of the first times she has followed a great under par round with another…let’s see what happens in the third (and final) round tomorrow.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pro am today

Joint 10th as a team (out of 34 teams) not bad I'll take that

Lovely weather for it aswell

Nice little par 3 comp afters on the par 3 course

Beat the team with my coach in! Bragging rights

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Feeling rubbish and tested +ve for covid this morning…and a beautiful day into the bargain.

But cheered up as in her college NCAA conference regional finals in Las Vegas Lottie has put together consecutive -5s to be 10 under - to lead the individual score field. One of the first times she has followed a great under par round with another…let’s see what happens in the third (and final) round tomorrow.
A struggle today for her. Very difficult weather conditions apparently, and maybe the pressure of feeling she was carrying the team, had an impact but +6 her poorest round in yonks. No matter. Her college qualified for the National finals. Will be interesting to hear her feedback to her coach.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No rain but overcast enough to wear (new) rain jacket during range session this morning. Been waiting for suitable weather to see how wearing it affects the swing

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Slight change to my set up with the driver has made a big difference. No lost balls off the tee in my last 3 rounds. It was always my biggest problem hopefully will help cut my scores .🤞

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Slight change to my set up with the driver has made a big difference. No lost balls off the tee in my last 3 rounds. It was always my biggest problem hopefully will help cut my scores .🤞
I found something on Tuesday, just turned my right had over a bit and it got rid of my slice.

Let's see how it goes tomorrow, I'll probably break something else.