Golf socks

bro4dhead

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all

I am looking for suggestions on golf socks.

When I play my feet seem to get very hot over the four hours or so and it can sometimes lead to athletes foot (lovely subject!)

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for socks that prevent your feet sweating but also still have a bit of thickness in them as I much prefer wearing thickers socks than thinner ones!

Thanks for any help

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just been received a pair of FJ techsof golf socks.
First round today and I can honestly say they are no better than ordinary socks. A bit to thick for my liking too. Back to the pringles tomorrow.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find good walking socks or socks for running shoes (like the link above) do a great job of supporting, keeping the feet at the right temperature as well as being very comfortable. My current socks have to be worn on the correct foot, one lablled left, one right! It is because of the top, toe and heel padding positions.

With plain socks I can feel the lack of support, why spend all the money on great golf shoes and not on socks to enhance the benefits further?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
What you need to do, based on my experience of having wet & sweaty feet, is to put some talc or baby powder in your shoes before playing. I do with all my golf shoes, walking shoes/boots, wellies, trainers, footy boots, in fact anything that I put on my feet!
Haven't had athlete's foot for a couple of years now.
Try it next time you play, it could save you from wasting money on socks that may not be necesary!

Slime.

P.S. It also makes your feet smell pretty :whistle:.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Marks&Spencers do very good sports socks, better than many "sports" brands imho. Also like the fact they do proper sizes so I can get something to fit my ridiculously small feet without the heel being half way up my calf.

Also have some very nice Rucanor l/r walking socks. They can be a little warm in summer but for £10.00 for 2 pairs from my local independent sports shop they were great value.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A couple of years ago my very comfortable footjoys and walking boots were leaking a bit.
A gamekeeper friend suggested I but Sealskinz socks.
Very good and totally waterproof, a bit expensive at £30 but well worth it on wet days on the course and hills.
Bought new boots and footjoys since but still wear my socks on wet days as a lot of water goes down the sides of your golf shoes.

bro4dhead

Hacker
Visit site
I have just bought a pair of adidas tour 360 which I was hoping would be a lot more aerating but with normal sport socks my feet were still very sweaty at the end of the round