Golf Rules Quiz Questions

LizAig

Visit site
I’ve been tasked with putting together some questions for a quiz!! Of course this isn’t my lazy way of putting together a quiz (😉) but what’s your best golf rules quiz question?!?

D-S

Visit site
USGA rules quiz, Google it - either 10, 18 or 25 questions at Basic, Intermediate or Advanced levels. Do the quiz and they give you the answers and the rules that cover them. A massive resource with hundreds of answered questions.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve been tasked with putting together some questions for a quiz!! Of course this isn’t my lazy way of putting together a quiz (😉) but what’s your best golf rules quiz question?!?
Try these:

D

Deleted member 35504

People are generally clueless, these three basics will throw up all sorts of wacky discussions and debates:

Q1 - ask when the round has started (ball in play)

Q2 ask when a hole is finished (ball holed).

Q3, You're looking for your opponent's tee shot in a match and after 2 minutes he declares it lost and starts walking back to the tee saying " I'll play 3 off the tee". After 5 seconds you find it, tell him, he comes back and identifies it within the original 3 minutes. He then wants to play it even after declaring it lost, what's the ruling?

A. Obviously his "declaration" is meaningless so he can just play it.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
You are getting ready to putt. A playing partners ball is on your line but they are faffing about. You decide to mark their ball on their behalf without consultation.

Are you subject to a penalty?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I would suggest not having a rules quiz at all, it just attracts the type who want to show off their rules knowledge which defeats the object of having the quiz in the first place. Those who aren't that interested in the rules are not going to show up.

Instead, have a general knowledge quiz with rounds on sport, music, current affairs etc which would attract more people and towards the end, sneak in a rules round....maybe even make it the last and possibly deciding round.
I know it works...I've done it.
One tip...have lots of rule books available (at least one per team) because discussions are going to happen.

D

Deleted member 35504

One tip...have lots of rule books available (at least one per team) because discussions are going to happen.
Alternatively...

As it's 2024, get a Rules App on a big screen that everyone can see and show everyone how to search and how the answers are found.

sunshine

Visit site
I would suggest not having a rules quiz at all, it just attracts the type who want to show off their rules knowledge which defeats the object of having the quiz in the first place. Those who aren't that interested in the rules are not going to show up.

Instead, have a general knowledge quiz with rounds on sport, music, current affairs etc which would attract more people and towards the end, sneak in a rules round....maybe even make it the last and possibly deciding round.
I know it works...I've done it.

This is a great idea.

Although I've not needed a rule book for years.

sunshine

Visit site
What is the penalty for failing to reach the ladies' tee with your drive?

I recognise that is an old congu rule, and under WHS the ladies' tee should be replaced with a multi-gender tee colour. Our forward tees identify as red.