golf resort

thomasmark71

Visit site
didnt get much positives with france…so back to spain haha
la finca says 3 courses, but are they onsite??
meliavillante….anyone ?
la manga? anyone?

we would definately prefer golf resort rather than hotel and travel every day

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
La
didnt get much positives with france…so back to spain haha
la finca says 3 courses, but are they onsite??
meliavillante….anyone ?
la manga? anyone?

we would definately prefer golf resort rather than hotel and travel every day

La Finca is the only course onsite at the hotel, great course, and great hotel, but I don't think it's what you are looking for.

Seriously, stay in Cabo Roig, play Las Ramblas (5 minutes), Las Colinas (10 minutes) and any other from La Finca, Lo Romero, or Roda - all about 20 minutes away.
Sack the resort idea off.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Le touquet in France is really good, ticks all boxes with great course except one being you can’t guarantee weather. I’ve got luck both times with weather in 20s.

La Finca is a nice hotel with pools and spa, one good course on site and two others that they’ll transfer you to within 20 mins and both are very nice. Weather will be good, but you’ll need a taxi to main town which has bars but isn’t going to be as big nightlife. Not sure I’ve ever made it to the bigger town as just too much of a faff.

Others are Costa del sol, so if you need courses on site look at la Cala with three, very nice but a bit brutal, you’ll get the weather and not too far for taxi into fenguerola (bit run down) or belamadina (nicer). Think Marbella may be just in reach but a decent drive still. Doesn’t matter though if looking to stay more in the resort.

Think Portugal have more resort areas but more expensive.

I’ve been regularly to all over the years and all options are good.

thomasmark71

Visit site
La

La Finca is the only course onsite at the hotel, great course, and great hotel, but I don't think it's what you are looking for.

Seriously, stay in Cabo Roig, play Las Ramblas (5 minutes), Las Colinas (10 minutes) and any other from La Finca, Lo Romero, or Roda - all about 20 minutes away.
Sack the resort idea off.

why sack off the resort idea?

thomasmark71

Visit site
Le touquet in France is really good, ticks all boxes with great course except one being you can’t guarantee weather. I’ve got luck both times with weather in 20s.

La Finca is a nice hotel with pools and spa, one good course on site and two others that they’ll transfer you to within 20 mins and both are very nice. Weather will be good, but you’ll need a taxi to main town which has bars but isn’t going to be as big nightlife. Not sure I’ve ever made it to the bigger town as just too much of a faff.

Others are Costa del sol, so if you need courses on site look at la Cala with three, very nice but a bit brutal, you’ll get the weather and not too far for taxi into fenguerola (bit run down) or belamadina (nicer). Think Marbella may be just in reach but a decent drive still. Doesn’t matter though if looking to stay more in the resort.

Think Portugal have more resort areas but more expensive.

I’ve been regularly to all over the years and all options are good.
not bothered about nightlife….more about golf, pool, chill…few local bars would do …

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
why sack off the resort idea?

Because you will compromise the quality of courses you can play., just to avoid a few minutes in a transfer coach.

Email these guys, tell them what you want aand ask for some local advice on courses etc.
They are mustard on green fee prices and knowledgeable - at the end of the day, it's a no obligation enquiry.

https://www.straysodgreenfees.com/

thomasmark71

Visit site
changing country
would you say vilamoura is a good place to golf
and are the dom pedro courses quality? comapred to torrequbrada or la cala?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
changing country
would you say vilamoura is a good place to golf
and are the dom pedro courses quality? comapred to torrequbrada or la cala?

Vilammoura isn't what it was.

Give Quinta do Lago a go. Call Mark at Lotus Supertravel... he'll sort you out.

If offered a free week at La Cala, I still would still pay to go elsewhere!:ROFLMAO:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
La manga south is excellent,haven’t played the others.
Roda is also very good.
Lots of courses to choose from in that area.

BigPhil14

Visit site
I went to La Manga in March. The hotel is a bit dated, but food is very good and rooms are spacious, just need a bit of TLC. Has 2 courses (South and North) directly outside the hotel, along with driving range and chipping/putting greens and then the West is a 5 minute drive away. When I was there they weren't running this shuttle bus due to covid, but that might change at some point, otherwise it's a 10euro taxi.

The courses are all varying. The South course is long and a typical fairly open resort course, the north is slightly shorter and arguably prettier. The West course is a very tight tree lined course where you have to plot your way round with an iron off most tees. If you want a place to go and just live and breathe golf, with a nice pool area its a great option, but not much in the way of night life.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We've stayed in these appartments in Cabo Roig a few times, I'm working just round the corner at the moment and see golfers outside all the time heading off to play - or the airport home!
Plenty of bars along the road where these places are - and a big KFC for the late night, post beer munchies ;-) - Appartments are self catering but you can get a breakfast at plenty of the places outside, and I think you can even get a basic breakfast in the reception / pool area. Pool area is nice, little bar for a beer or two while you chill out, and if you fancy a walk to the beach, it's about 5 minutes away - they have all the watersports, cracking little chiringuito and a live band on pretty much every sunday.

And as I and others have said above, there are some absolutely superb golf courses nearby. When I had some mates over, we stayed here, and the guy that cleans the appartments - who also has a little ford transit minibus, ran us to the golf courses and took the boys back to the airport. There are two more or less identical appartment blocks, Playa Marina I, and Playa Marina II

My recommendation would be book your golf and transfers through Stray Sod greenfees who I mentioned earlier, and book your accomodation here.
Stray Sod do accomodation packages at Campomoar and Las Colinas - but Campomoar is a bit of a walk to the bars at La Fuenta, and Las Colinas doesn't have any of note - having said that, it's posh as fk, and if you want to live like a drug dealer for a few days, it might be worth it for the experience. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/pl...93d0254480350108;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

Last edited:

gopher99

Visit site
I have just come back from La Cala and thought the resort was really good, granted the golf courses are not for everyone. If you want a flat lie you are out of luck here, restaurants onsite are really good. We went into Mijas for a couple of nights, 40 euros return for a party of 8 in a minibus which was good value.

thomasmark71

Visit site
I have just come back from La Cala and thought the resort was really good, granted the golf courses are not for everyone. If you want a flat lie you are out of luck here, restaurants onsite are really good. We went into Mijas for a couple of nights, 40 euros return for a party of 8 in a minibus which was good value.
we just come back from malaga..played asia course…challenge lol