Golf Pride or Lampkin

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Evening gents (...... and Gal's)

First time getting clubs re-gripped and I've hit a bit of a conundrumerumerum.

I've found somewhere local that does it, good feed back on work carried out for others, excellent prices, but cant decide which grip.

I've whittled it down to either

A) Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound in Yellow - Total re-grip cost £80 (£8/grip fitted 3-SW) as per previous post

or

B) Lampkin Crossline - Total re-grip cost £42.50 (£4.25/grip fitted 3-SW)

I've had a feel of both grips and to be honest, like them both so kind of leaning towards the Lampkin as I can't see the point paying double when I can get, what feel, decent grips for half the price :mad:

What I'm after guys and gal's is your opinion on these grips. Would you recommend the Golf Pride over the Lampkin or vice versa???

Does one out perform the other different weather?

As always, all comments and help appreciated :thup:

joer422

Assistant Pro
Visit site
got lamkins on my irons was originaly going to get golf pride but decide i might as well try the lamkin and love them

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The lamkins will last the longest. I had my driver re-gripped with a new decade grip, brilliant at first but the lower non corded section becomes smooth and slippery within about 6 months. Won't get any more.

T

thecraw

Wont go wrong with either, at £40 cheaper I ken where my pennies would be going!

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was always a Tour Velvet fan but have Multi Compounds on my woods and Lamkin Crossline Tour Cords on my irons (they came with them - excellent grips). Also like the standard Crosslines. They would all be fine and down to personal preference in my view.

Would not recommend GP DD2's though. Look good but feel thin and slippery on the club. Very disappointing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sharpro ?

I've had Sharpro grips before and, whilst they were ok, I felt they were a little thin. So maybe an extra layer of tape than normal might be required.
I've got GP Velvets on most of my clubs but I do like the Multi-Compound GP's. Lamkins are ok but, to me, they don't look to have enough to hold onto if you get my drift - just not enought "tread".

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im after regripping my irons as Ive recently found out standard grips were too big. I thought I could only get Tour Velvets in undersize but looking on the Lamkin website I noticed the do the Crossline in undersize also.

Decisions, decisions!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys.

To add a further slant to the thread. Does one grip (Lamkin or GP), round for round, last longer than the other?

T

thecraw

Question - you know the Gp Multicompound, I hate the bottom rubber bit but I really like the cord bit at the end. Is the end (cord end) the same as a Golf Pride tour wrap full cord?

The Golf Pride tour wrap is a very good grip, it offers excellent grip in all weather's and can be found almost dirt cheap. I put these on a set of Ping i10's and thought they were excellent.

Recommended.