Golf Newbie-Online help

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is Robin Matthews-Williams a PGA Pro?
I think he has been, or at least underwent the route towards being one before becoming disillusioned with it. He has some videos talking about it, but I didn't watch them all the way through as they just turned into a rant at the PGA really.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, but he tells it like it is - I'll admit I'm not his biggest fan but as Orikoru said - for a bit of balance, it's worth watching.
Exactly, I think he approaches golf in totally the opposite way to the others mentioned, and it's worth remembering that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I think he has been, or at least underwent the route towards being one before becoming disillusioned with it. He has some videos talking about it, but I didn't watch them all the way through as they just turned into a rant at the PGA really.

Yes, he definitely was at one point but got disillusioned with it all.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not surprised, having seen some of his social media content.
His delivery in the videos will divide opinion, but what I was getting at was that I'm a fan of his 'feel' approach to the golf swing that he teaches, as opposed to the likes of Me & My Golf who seem to have precise rules for posture, angle, etc etc. And that's not to say I've never learned anything from a M&MG video, I'm just saying it's worth looking at both sides for balance. You can take elements from both.

I do find it hilarious though when RMW takes the mick out of some of the more ridiculous training aids and drills that he's stumbled across on the internet. Those are gold.

Fabia999

Visit site
Youtube videos are a great place to learn as long as you remember their swing is not set in stone. Everyone plays differently and they can't see the way you swing. If you see something in the video then try it on the range and if it doesn't work then you haven't lost anything.