Golf lessons SW London

Bswarbs

Visit site
Hi, I’ve been playing golf on and off for a while but have never managed to really get into it. I’m now keen to commit to getting to a reasonable standard and being able to compete with mates rather than hoping each shot goes in the air and forward! Does anyone have any recommendations of someone for lessons in SW London area. I have a car so can travel down the A3 but there’s so many to choose from. Any help would be amazing, thanks.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi, I’ve been playing golf on and off for a while but have never managed to really get into it. I’m now keen to commit to getting to a reasonable standard and being able to compete with mates rather than hoping each shot goes in the air and forward! Does anyone have any recommendations of someone for lessons in SW London area. I have a car so can travel down the A3 but there’s so many to choose from. Any help would be amazing, thanks.
I 1st started to learn in Chiswick and they have a few good pros there, and a par 3 course for you to get into it. My mate uses Jacko there and raves about him every time I play with him.

I now have lessons in Silveremere which is the best range around. I use Michael and he is great, also runs a lot of group session. Well, not now due to Covid.

Saying that, if I would live slightly further in I would have given New Malden a look as well, but from where I live now it is the wrong direction to travel.

I would just travel to the ranges, speak to the pro shop, and hit a bucket of balls while there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is a tough one for new golfer as having lessons is a two way street and you have to be taught by someone that will get the messages across in a friendly manner that sticks but also the pupil has to trust the teacher in terms of not over complicating it (unless someone wants to go into technical detail) and not trying to reinvent the wheel in each lesson. I think if I was the OP I'd look at World of Golf at New Malden and Silvermere and look online at the profiles and pick one where the teaching methods resonate. If it doesn't work out, try someone else until you find that connection

As a curve ball and a throwback to the summer of 76 when I started the OP could look at the range inside Sandown Park race course which is where I learned the basics.

Bswarbs

Visit site
It is a tough one for new golfer as having lessons is a two way street and you have to be taught by someone that will get the messages across in a friendly manner that sticks but also the pupil has to trust the teacher in terms of not over complicating it (unless someone wants to go into technical detail) and not trying to reinvent the wheel in each lesson. I think if I was the OP I'd look at World of Golf at New Malden and Silvermere and look online at the profiles and pick one where the teaching methods resonate. If it doesn't work out, try someone else until you find that connection

As a curve ball and a throwback to the summer of 76 when I started the OP could look at the range inside Sandown Park race course which is where I learned the basics.[/QU

As a curve ball and a throwback to the summer of 76 when I started the OP could look at the range inside Sandown Park race course which is where I learned the basics.

Thanks so much I’m looking at getting a fitting at Silvermere so maybe I’ll try there.

Chico84

Visit site
world of Golf in New Malden is a good place to get lessons for sure. They do a series of beginner and intermediate group lessons for free or very little cost (literally £2 per lesson). I believe that due to social distancing the groups are even smaller now, although they will be in high demand.

There are also a number of pros who do individual lessons. As a bonus to help you decide which instructor to choose they all have videos on YouTube so you can get a feel for their approach.

Bswarbs

Visit site
Thanks, I have a lesson booked with someone at New Malden World of Golf called Grant who seems decent. The only issue is I want to build up a rapport with a pro who can take me around a course and help with course management, which someone at new Malden can’t do.

Chico84

Visit site
Thanks, I have a lesson booked with someone at New Malden World of Golf called Grant who seems decent. The only issue is I want to build up a rapport with a pro who can take me around a course and help with course management, which someone at new Malden can’t do.

Oh cool. I have my lessons with Grant. He’s a really good guy and explains things very simply but can explain the detail if you want to know it too. He got me hitting the ball really consistently very quickly.