Golf is a strange game

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Haven't played in months and the last few rounds have been pretty atrocious and demoralising and over in the US today I had an afternoon off so I went to play at one of the local courses which was in fantastic condition.
Anyways teed off at 3pm and it was the start of the twilight rate so $28 later and off I go.
Front 9 was empty and went about my business and ended up 4 over. Happy days I thought. Got to the 10th and I caught up the lunch time starters so I flipped the cart around and went back to the 1st tee and cracked the front 9 again. This time shooting 1 over.
So a 5 over 77, my best round of golf mmmm ever. Length off the tee was miles shorter this past half year and irons too - 7iron feels like its going nowhere.
Didn't hit 12 GIR but still managed to up and down 9 of them.
So this definitely highlighted the fact that the short game is where it's at. Putting was hot, and short game was solid. Can deal with my driving and second shot being average if I can recover like that.
It really is a weird game - hopefully its the kick up the a&& I needed.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven't played in months and the last few rounds have been pretty atrocious and demoralising and over in the US today I had an afternoon off so I went to play at one of the local courses which was in fantastic condition.
Anyways teed off at 3pm and it was the start of the twilight rate so $28 later and off I go.
Front 9 was empty and went about my business and ended up 4 over. Happy days I thought. Got to the 10th and I caught up the lunch time starters so I flipped the cart around and went back to the 1st tee and cracked the front 9 again. This time shooting 1 over.
So a 5 over 77, my best round of golf mmmm ever. Length off the tee was miles shorter this past half year and irons too - 7iron feels like its going nowhere.
So this definitely highlighted the fact that the short game is where it's at. Putting was hot, and short game was solid. Can deal with my driving and second shot being average if I can recover like that.

Hand your card in! 13.1?????? Heeeeeharrrr Gringo!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I can remember when I changed my driver to the Ping I have now. I am knocking it 40-50 yds further but up the middle and not the hrs of the fairway/rough. For the first moth or so I was stumped because previously it was driver then 3 wood. Now it was driver then Lord knows what ever club coz I was on a part of the dance floor I had never been on before. Always said if you can get up and down in two. Your score card will be excellent.

D

Deleted member 16999

Have you took your clubs or did you use a hire set?

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you took your clubs or did you use a hire set?

I wish it was a rental set, perfect excuse but they were mine and I took a half set so a lot of the time 110 out I was punching a 7 iron in 3/4 swing which seemed to work better.

Richard that could be exactly it. The chap I was playing with didn't speak much so it must definitely be you lot!