golf irons fitting price

forezaone

Visit site
good evening everyone,

I recently started playing golf and recently got custom fit at my local golf club in Southport.

I have been offered callaway steelhead xr 5-PW + AW for around 570.. is this a good investment as I am aware there are newer callaway clubs out now?

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
There are newer callaway irons out but did you get fitted for the Rogues ? or did you get fitted for the steelheads ?

D

Deleted member 1740

good evening everyone,

I recently started playing golf and recently got custom fit at my local golf club in Southport.

I have been offered callaway steelhead xr 5-PW + AW for around 570.. is this a good investment as I am aware there are newer callaway clubs out now?

just checked they were for a different set. apologies

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where did you get fit? There is a Clarke’s in Formby that may be worth a look.... or drive 30 mins to their superstore in Rainford..... worth a look before you pull the trigger....

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I was fitted with steelheads. not sure if they are just trying to shift the stock though

Where did you get fit? .

This is relevant. I was fitted prior to Christmas with Callaway, went in wanting CF16s but were too low spinning and absolute bombers, so right at the end of the session he had me try apex pros, then a couple of shots with steelheads, guess what, he suggested I get the steelheads...I also thought they were trying to punt them on to me but they weren't retailers but were callaway fitters.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is relevant. I was fitted prior to Christmas with Callaway, went in wanting CF16s but were too low spinning and absolute bombers, so right at the end of the session he had me try apex pros, then a couple of shots with steelheads, guess what, he suggested I get the steelheads...I also thought they were trying to punt them on to me but they weren't retailers but were callaway fitters.
Did u hit them the best ?
Some heads launch higher / lower if they preformed best then that’s what a fitting is for.

But £570 is high look on eBay.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Did u hit them the best ?
Some heads launch higher / lower if they preformed best then that’s what a fitting is for.

I felt I ripped both the steelheads and the pros. I only hit 2 or 3 shots with the steelheads and they are fugly so was never buying them no matter how I hit them.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I felt I ripped both the steelheads and the pros. I only hit 2 or 3 shots with the steelheads and they are fugly so was never buying them no matter how I hit them.
I would have a teapot on a stick if it hit every fairway!

But know what you mean if you paying for new shinies they have to look nice as well as preform.