Golf Insurance

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This has probably been posted before but couldn't find anything, so apologies if it has.

I am planning on taking out golf insurance now that I am a member of a club and playing regularly. I wanted to know everyone's experiences / recommendations for insurers to use.

I have looked at Golfplan, Golfer's Club and Golfcare. Are there any others and who do you think are the best to deal with both on a price and claims perspective.

Thanks in advance.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Check your membership fees, our club includes insurance in the subscription.

Thanks Brendy, I have already done that and it doesn't include insurance.

At my place you can get insurance for an extra €20 so might be worth asking the question.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Check your membership fees, our club includes insurance in the subscription.

Thanks Brendy, I have already done that and it doesn't include insurance.

At my place you can get insurance for an extra €20 so might be worth asking the question.

I have spoken with our head pro and he has recommended that I take out insurance as there is no insurance at our club.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
i was looking at golf insurance a little while ago, its only when i started to read into it that i noticed that some insurance companies wont pay out if your golf clubs are outside the clubhouse and get stolen while you are inside having a quick half !! i asked golfplan the same question but had no answer.

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
Check your home insurance,I was about to purchase golf insurance but when I checked with my house insurance I found out I was already covered,clubs are insured against theft and I am covered if I hit something/someone,,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Are you planning to leave your clubs in a locker? Check the small print as some won't cover. I got it added by Carrick & Neill for an extra £5 to include any break in to the club locker room and theft from my locker. The club got done a couple of years back and they smashed lockers at random and nicked the club.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use golfcare, seems very comprehensive for theft/damage/loss of equipment. You can view all the terms/conditions on their website. They also do a good referral system, i invited 2 of my friends and got some TM balls from them :)

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Are you planning to leave your clubs in a locker? Check the small print as some won't cover. I got it added by Carrick & Neill for an extra £5 to include any break in to the club locker room and theft from my locker. The club got done a couple of years back and they smashed lockers at random and nicked the club.

Our club don't have lockers at the moment so that's not a problem.

I'm heading towards golf plan as they offer new for old as standard. Do any others do this?

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can never find a policy that covers everything I want. New for old on my gear, which can be a problem as my x18's are five years old. Also my club fees paid if I'm unable to play, most only offer if injured while playing. Golfplan is the nearest I've found but still looking!