Golf in Spain & Hcp Certs

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Afternoon all,
I was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice on whether I would get asked to produce a hcp cert when I go away.

I am not a member of a club so don't have an official one at this time, I am unoffical 20.1 so have some idea of how to swing a club. Has anyone been asked to produce one, or are they to kick once a year players off the course if they are really bad? I have seen dodgy fake ones on EBay that people have used and some got away with, do you think it would be worth it?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Knock one up on your PC..... either buy some pre-cut cards (credit card size) or create an A4 sheet with some rubbish (a picture and posh fonts) and get your mates to sign it with odd coloured biros!

You might even be able to right-click on a genuine club logo on t-internet and go from there. If you need help with the wording, someone will help you.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wasn't asked to produce one at la Quinta but they did come round and check that you are legitamately on the course. You could be asked to produce, but whether they would ever follow one up is doubtful (what would be the point, if you were that bad they could chuck you off anyway).

Ham

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ive played in Spain for the last 3 years ( 5 courses each time)and we only got asked for certificates once, but i would have one just in case, you dont want to be turned away after paying just because you didnt have a piece of paper.Either make one yourself or if you know someone who is a member somewhere use theirs or copy it.