* in Nov
*value for money
*quality of courses
*rest day activities
*what to avoid

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
I went there 4 years ago in March, weather was lovely and we played 4 courses all of which were very good (the pick of them being Assoufid which is still one of my favourite courses). I wasn't impressed with the hotel, we were all inclusive so I suppose we could have been anywhere, we didn't do any sightseeing or of course activities (although I'd guess a trip up to the mountains and round old Marrakech would be interesting. Total cost for flights, transfers, 5 nights AI & 4 rounds was £700ish although I have noticed the prices have gone up.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went there 4 years ago in March, weather was lovely and we played 4 courses all of which were very good (the pick of them being Assoufid which is still one of my favourite courses). I wasn't impressed with the hotel, we were all inclusive so I suppose we could have been anywhere, we didn't do any sightseeing or of course activities (although I'd guess a trip up to the mountains and round old Marrakech would be interesting. Total cost for flights, transfers, 5 nights AI & 4 rounds was £700ish although I have noticed the prices have gone up.
Yes this is one of the 4 courses on the proposed 7 night trip to Hotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie ….... & yes... now £1,000

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
We stayed in the Riu Tikida gardens and it was crap, food was bland and the beers came in tiny glasses that were about a mouthful each, we were also the youngest in there by 20-30 years (we're in our 40s). Noria was another interesting course, brand new when we went, even the clubhouse wasn't finished but the layout was great.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I haven't played golf around Marrakech, but I have holidayed there.

It's a really great city, though more of a tourist trap than would be nice.

There are some great places (typically riads) in the old city where you could stay - many run by French expats, so good food and first world sensibilities. Nothing better than breakfast on the roof looking over the city to the mountains.

You'd need to arrange taxis in and out to the golf, but a good host would be able to do this.

It would be a real Shame to go somewhere so interesting and then stay in a modern hotel out of town and see nothing of what is a fascinating place.

Schoolboy French gets a workout too...

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I haven't played golf around Marrakech, but I have holidayed there.

It's a really great city, though more of a tourist trap than would be nice.

There are some great places (typically riads) in the old city where you could stay - many run by French expats, so good food and first world sensibilities. Nothing better than breakfast on the roof looking over the city to the mountains.

You'd need to arrange taxis in and out to the golf, but a good host would be able to do this.

It would be a real Shame to go somewhere so interesting and then stay in a modern hotel out of town and see nothing of what is a fascinating place.

Schoolboy French gets a workout too...
Oh yes I can see that would be a great way to do it, though a bit more work involved. & a capable hotelier or such could help enormously.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just bumping this up, even though we're now all booked up & committed to going...… hope the B-Clown's Hard Brexit Plans don't affect it..... maybe visas needed at worst.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After the worst Oct golfing weather ever..... Just a few weeks before we go. So wondering if anybody can add further information about the trip?.... not the B-Clown... think we've all had enough of him. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

paddy78

Visit site
Every January, for a number of years, I played in Agadir. This was about 2009 - 2012 or the pre kid years as I like to call them. The courses themselves were fantastic. A little burnt but overall in really good condition. Prices were expensive (€70-90 a round) On top of that caddies were mandatory @ minimum €20 a round. There were 2 27 hole competes and one 9 hole one. The courses were challenging and used tee boxing wisely to accommodate all different skill levels.

Morocco is predominantly a muslim country so do not expect a wild night life. However there are some great restaurants and just a walk around down town is an eye opener.

If the night time "party" is not important to you the Morocco is a great alternative to the cost of the algarve. Weather is amazing and always nice to see other cultures

Enjoy

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So we went & did it & can confirm that it is good value & good golf plus a superb cultural experience you'll find now where else so close to Europe.

Attachments

• IMG-20191112-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20191112-WA0003.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20191112-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20191112-WA0006.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20191111-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20191111-WA0001.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20191112-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20191112-WA0010.jpg