golf in menorca

michael 8852

Visit site
Hi new to this forum but I would appreciate any information on a set of clubs called agile which I will be using for a game of golf at son parc golf club in menorca. It is part of the deal I got. Quite a good deal but only if I use this particular set of clubs otherwise price goes up for brand name clubs. Can anyone advise? Bearing in mind I have not played for a few years and have been practising on range with assorted clubs which have seen better days

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi, greetings from a recent newbie.
Just on a general note if you haven't been playing over much anyways, & as it's a vacation & more recreational golf if keeping the cost down is a goal, wouldn't really worry about not using a premium brand. Whichever you took out no doubt had a fair deal of use as 'hire' clubs.
Not heard about the clubs you mentioned, never been to Menorca.
Pretty sure the clubs will do for want you want. What's probably going to be an issue with whatever make of hire clubs is grip. Before you go I'd spend some money on a decent pack or two of gloves as in the heat with grips that may have seen some use they could be a ways shiny maybes a bit hard to keep a secure hold on the handle, in the heat would figure you'd need couple of decent gloves per round.

michael 8852

Visit site
Thanks for your input I was thinking the same myself. Already have a couple of new gloves because like you I thinking grips might not be the best. Thanks again

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
That brings back memories. I played Son Parc a couple of times in the early 90s when it was a 9 hole course. If I remember correctly there is a par 4 which you tee off from a high tee to the fairway below. I love Menorca.

michael 8852

Visit site
Yeah really looking forward to playing this course as it gets quite a good right up. Also getting exciting about playing for the first time in over 10 years. Practice on range going well but not the same as on the course. Also hoping for plenty of sun which will be different from here!!