Golf in Mallorca

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hi folks,

Anyone played in Mallorca over the past 5 years (ignoring the obvious "gap" year! ?) and can recommend a course and also what else to do near Palma, please?

Thinking of a trip in May.

Ta.

D-S

Visit site
Played Son Gal, the T Club (recently undergone a massive renovation) and Son Muntaneer where the European Tour played. We stayed in old town Palma in May last year.
All the courses were good and quite tough, magnificent facilities in the clubhouses. All in good but not stunning condition.
The only thing against it was the cost of the golf - despite booking through an agent and not direct the best prices were over Euro150 per round each including buggy.
If you want a great local restaurant I recommend Meson Ca’n Pedro in Genova, a 15 minute cab ride from old town Palma.

sunshine

Visit site
I played Son Vida and it is rubbish. In nice condition but it’s a short tight course hemmed in by housing. Some nice holes but some really weak holes too, would never put it on a short list for a golf holiday, only played there cos I was staying in the hotel (which is lovely).
On the plus side I saw Rafa Nadal there. Nice guy.

D-S

Visit site
I played Son Vida and it is rubbish. In nice condition but it’s a short tight course hemmed in by housing. Some nice holes but some really weak holes too, would never put it on a short list for a golf holiday, only played there cos I was staying in the hotel (which is lovely).
On the plus side I saw Rafa Nadal there. Nice guy.
Son Vida (played it a couple of times pre pandemic) has a really Mickey Mouse front 9, back 9 is ok though - not worth the money imho.

CountLippe

Visit site
Alcanada is usually in tip top condition - the fairways are like carpets. Tough track though.
Son Gual is great, but its right by the airport so loses points for ambience.
Son Muntaneer, Son Quint and Son Vida are under the same ownership, so may get a deal to play all three. Prefer Alcanada and Son Gual to these though.

evemccc

Visit site
Interesting - I’m on a Road cycling trip there in May and have a free day…Just looked at Alcanada €185….and re-realised how expensive golf is….hiring an excellent road bike for 3 days is €150 and a good enough one can be had for €90 for 3 days

….I wish I liked golf less than I do..?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played one of the Son Antem courses just outside Palma. It was as expected, sunny, dry and forgettable. Frankly, there is so much lovely countryside/coastline in Mallorca I'd not spend time playing golf and take in some more of the sights instead.