Golf in Dubai

G1z1

Visit site
Off to dubai next month and plan to play a round of golf. Looking for recommendations on courses ? Needs to be a course i can rent clubs, not taking mine just for one round and also not sure what day ill play. So needs to be a course i can book on late notice and still get on. I heard trump has course in dubai anyone played them how are they ?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Off to dubai next month and plan to play a round of golf. Looking for recommendations on courses ? Needs to be a course i can rent clubs, not taking mine just for one round and also not sure what day ill play. So needs to be a course i can book on late notice and still get on. I heard trump has course in dubai anyone played them how are they ?

Budget friendly option would be jebel ali I reckon out of the way at about 30 mins from downtown Dubai but it’s a cheaper canny little 9 hole course

But if I was going to Dubai I’d be playing night golf at the Faldo course

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Night golf on the Faldo course at Emirates

Dubai Creek

Emirates Majlis

jumeirah Earth

they‘d be my choices. Night golf is class, and Dubai creek is mental. Pretty sure you can rent clubs at them - but might need to check

the trump course isn’t owned by Trump - they just ‘lease’ the name. Designed by Gil Hanse and supposed to be a good knock, but not played myself.

dubai Hills also supposed to be good, but not played it yet

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Dubai creek is the best I’ve played out there, then els, trump, earth, fire in that order. I’ve always gone on the dubai golf website and just put in the days I’m looking at, the prices vary based on time and Friday and Saturday are the most expensive days. Alternatively the entertainer app can give you 2 for 1 at a lot of courses if 2 of you are playing.

4LEX

Visit site
October/November is the best time for golf in Dubai.

Abu Dhabi is worth a day trip too, Yas Links and a Abu Dhabi GC are better than most courses in Dubai bar The Emirates.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I loved Dubai Creek when I played it a few years ago.

For dinner, may I recommend Seafire Steak House at The Atlantis. It ain't cheap, but it's amazing! Head chef Raymond Wong is a master.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m in Dubai at the moment and turned down a game at Emirates golf club ??
The temperature is starting to drop a bit now so you should be good for next month ???

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
October/November is the best time for golf in Dubai.

Abu Dhabi is worth a day trip too, Yas Links and a Abu Dhabi GC are better than most courses in Dubai bar The Emirates.

wasn’t overly fussed with Abu Dhabi GC. Though we did play it in November, at the start of the ‘season’. looked nothing like it does on telly. Sand was more muddy. a lot of the courses seemed to be going through the finishing touches of set up when we went in a November. Previous to that we did February and everywhere was in mint condition….so looking to go back again in a February

G1z1

Visit site
I loved Dubai Creek when I played it a few years ago.

For dinner, may I recommend Seafire Steak House at The Atlantis. It ain't cheap, but it's amazing! Head chef Raymond Wong is a master.
Yes seafire is amazing, I always stay at Atlantis and hakkasan is always my first meal then seafire then bread street. Not really a fan of the Italian in there.