Golf in Darlington

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Landed myself a new job, and I have got an initial on boarding/induction week down in Darlington. I'll be staying there from the 16th - 20th of October and I'm planning on driving down from Glasgow with the golf clubs in the car.

I don't expect to be able to play any courses as most days it appears I will finish at 4pm but I would certainly be looking at heading to a driving range/practice facilities if possible, instead of wasting my time sitting in the hotel alone. I've done a quick google, but because I'm on the work computer I can't view many results.

Any info would be appreciated, if not I'll just get the company to pay train tickets.

Cheers! :D

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Rockcliffe hall has a driving range, don’t know the closing times. There is a range in Stockton area which isn’t to far from Darlington.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Blackwell Grange is your best bet. Range, short game area, putting green and the course is very decent, too.

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, I'll give them both a Google later but Blackwell Grange sounds exactly what I'm looking for.

Cheers :thup:

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yep Blackwell Grange is just what you need, decent practice facilities and driving range. If it gets late head over to Ingleby Barwick (Stockton-about 15 mins away) as there is a 2 tier floodlit driving range there open until around 8pm.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep Blackwell Grange is just what you need, decent practice facilities and driving range. If it gets late head over to Ingleby Barwick (Stockton-about 15 mins away) as there is a 2 tier floodlit driving range there open until around 8pm.

Short game area is tiny and for members only sadly.