Golf in Cyprus

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Has anyone played golf in Cyprus?

I am going at the end of September and am contemplating playing two rounds. Looking at the Elea and Aphrodite Hills. Has anyone got any recommendations?

My flights and accom are booked so I won't be booking a package.

Thanks,
LL

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played Aphrodite Hills back in January, and thought it was a really nice course. Some cracking views..and the greens were very tricky at times! Fully recommend it, and I'd probably look at going back there at some point to play again...maybe when it is slightly warmer, and the bermuda grass isn't as dormant

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Both good courses, Aphrodite has a few really spectacular holes (try go off the back tees on the 3rd & 7th for a fun drive) but is quite forgiving on the whole, they have that stupid rule where buggys have to stay on the path so you end up traipsing across to your ball with 3 clubs in your hand (too long between some of the tees to walk).

Found Elea a bit more forgettable and bit short of the yellows, especially the par 3s, its not a bad course but I wasn't overly impressed (mate I played with preferred it to the others we played so might just be me).

I preferred Minthis Hills to either of them as an overall course, had a lot of elevation changes and a good few risk and reward holes.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Both good courses, Aphrodite has a few really spectacular holes (try go off the back tees on the 3rd & 7th for a fun drive) but is quite forgiving on the whole, they have that stupid rule where buggys have to stay on the path so you end up traipsing across to your ball with 3 clubs in your hand (too long between some of the tees to walk).

Found Elea a bit more forgettable and bit short of the yellows, especially the par 3s, its not a bad course but I wasn't overly impressed (mate I played with preferred it to the others we played so might just be me).

I preferred Minthis Hills to either of them as an overall course, had a lot of elevation changes and a good few risk and reward holes.

Back tee on the 3rd is definitely eventful! I hit one for a laugh, thought I had lost it right so got back in the buggy. Turns out I had made the fairway by about 10 yards!! The drive to the 7th tee is pretty fun as well.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Aphrodite Hills is spectacular. Below is the view going down from the 6th to the 7th tee which you can see in the bottom centre of the picture. There are 11 hairpin bends to negotiate, with around 1km between green & tee. The tee shot to the 7th is over the ravine, no bale out area at all.

ah.jpg

And, by the way Wabinez, they're supposed to close the road before you use the back tee on the 3rd, naughty boy!

Last edited:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had to pay about 100 euro to play when I was there as I had to hire the clubs.
I thought was ok but a one off at that price, not sure if the green fees have dropped.

Got some great holes and some very forgettable ones too, infact apart from the 18th I think all the better holes are on the front.

View from the 7rd Tee DSCN0036.jpg

View from the 3rd tee DSCN0078.jpg

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I had to pay about 100 euro to play when I was there as I had to hire the clubs.
I thought was ok but a one off at that price, not sure if the green fees have dropped.

Got some great holes and some very forgettable ones too, infact apart from the 18th I think all the better holes are on the front.

View from the 7rd Tee View attachment 11918

View from the 3rd tee View attachment 11919

What's the distance on the 3rd to carry?
7th tee looks good!
8th looks nice.

D

Deleted member 15344

Used to live in Cyprus in 2000-2003

Aphrodite was just opening then and was a stunning course ( 20 quid it cost us )

Secret Valley was nice as was Tzada but understand they have all changed in recent years

Place is very expensive now since they went into Euro - some lovely views and so cracking shots across a valley

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who said you cant have to buggy's on the fairways? Went last year and you could drive your buggy anywhere.