Golf in Albufeira

Paulsearle1405

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm off to Albufeira in June with family and gonna try get a few rounds of golf in. Would it be best to pre book my rounds if so does anyone recommend any booking sites, or would you just turn up and play.

Never been Algarve before & never been abroad to play golf so not sure best way.

I'm hiring clubs from clubstohire.

Any suggestions welcome thanks

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I played there once. It was a good few years ago now but I’m sure it was simply called Albufeira Golf Club. Decent course from what I can remember. We had to book, it was July. As with most parts of Portugal they were building all around so it will probably be totally different now.

GMC1981

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm off to Albufeira in June with family and gonna try get a few rounds of golf in. Would it be best to pre book my rounds if so does anyone recommend any booking sites, or would you just turn up and play.

Never been Algarve before & never been abroad to play golf so not sure best way.

I'm hiring clubs from clubstohire.

Any suggestions welcome thanks

I’m heading over in May . This site appears to be the most reasonable . https://www.teetimes.pt/

Planning on playing the two Vale do lobo and one other which I’ve not decided on yet .

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Quick trip to vilamoura and you have some really nice courses to play as mentioned.

I really enjoyed vale de lobo, quinta do lago which I got for pretty reasonable rates a few years ago in March time. Going in June I imagine it will be very busy and prices will change but I sorted the rounds out via the clubs directly.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you find yourself limited for time as you're with family, Pine Cliffs (only a 9 hole) is nice and local to you

jimjoachim

Head Pro
Visit site
I stayed in Balaia Golf Village last summer on a family holiday. They had a nice wee 9 hole par 3 course.

To be honest this was perfect for me. With the summer heat an hour or so in the morning for 9 was perfect. Plus being away with the wife and young kids I couldn't really justify fecking off for a 5 hour round....saying that I got the weekly pass and played every day lol.

For "proper" golf id recommend vilamoura more

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stayed in Balaia Golf Village last summer on a family holiday. They had a nice wee 9 hole par 3 course.

To be honest this was perfect for me. With the summer heat an hour or so in the morning for 9 was perfect. Plus being away with the wife and young kids I couldn't really justify fecking off for a 5 hour round....saying that I got the weekly pass and played every day lol.

For "proper" golf id recommend vilamoura more

I've also played there, great wee course. I did 18 with a pit stop for a beer between the two 9's.