Golf has to be the most infuriating game ever

D

Deleted member 23344

Last year at Gatton Manor I scored 4 points on the first nine and 19 on the second. I can be wildly consistent within one round.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Swaying, especially on the backswing is a killer to consistently good contact.

At the lesson I had, although I was striking it well, the pro told me I was locking my right knee, and was losing power as a result. I tried to loosen it and it did work in the lesson, but maybe I was overdoing it subsequently.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Get a nose job.

Big problem is the final move in the swing which tends to lurch the head forwards so try keeping the head in place by swivelling it back to its starting point as the last thing you do in the swing.
I find I hit fewer bad shots this way.

Casey

Visit site
Have hardly played for the last 3 months because of a wrist injury. Tried to come back too soon and it was making it worse, so took a break for a good few weeks.

Started playing again in earnest last week. Have been absolute pants since I started again so decided to book a lesson for Tuesday, prior to my next game yesterday. Pro phoned on Tuesday morning asking to reschedule the lesson as his club was having an emergency meeting. Moved it to yesterday afternoon.

Went out beforehand as arranged, played 12 holes, and was absolutely flushing my irons and driver! Went to the lesson, and was the same. He made a little tweak to make me stop locking my right knee which made things even better. Even tried the 3 wood which I have never been able to hit, and was blasting it miles. Hit two bad shots in a 45 minute lesson, the rest were great.

Came home in a brilliant mood, thinking I'd finally sorted whatever had gone wrong.

Went out this morning brimming with confidence, was absolutely pants again! Hit 2 decent shots in 9 holes.

Head all over the place now, how can I go from here being awful to great and back to awful in the space of 3 days?

Golf is crazy. This happens to me in the same round sometimes. I'll play the first 9 great, then be awful the last 9, or I'll be terrible the first 9, and play the last 9 great. It can be extremely frustrating!