Golf Grip

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Used to use the Overlapping grip, just naturally ended up with that grip having never had lessons. Over the summer I changed to the baseball grip and I've been having much more success. Ill be taking the plunge shortly and going for lessons so I'm sure I'll end up back with the overlapping grip.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Small glove here. Have to try them some small not tight enough. Do like the glove skin tight though.

Have been using the Vardon grip just lately. As I wanted to soften my grip on the club. Find the extra finger on the grip helps to hold club, with no slipping.

Last edited:

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This thread got me thinking about my grip and so I went and had a few swishes with a club using an interlocking grip last night (not hitting balls though).

I have to say it helped to quieten my wrist action down, allowing me to make a much wider shoulder turn without the club getting past parallel into overswing territory. It also felt much more solid at impact (albeit without a ball)

I'm definitely interested in exploring this a bit more as an antidote to a couple of swing issues I have.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprising the effect the grip can have. Its one of thoughs thing you need to get right. As this is after all the only contact between you and the club face. Well worth experimenting with IMO.