Golf GPS Watch and Fitness Tracker

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Simple question, anyone know of any Golf GPS watches that also work well as a fitness tracker. I wear a fitbit as part of a new health kick and it has really helped, making sure I get my steps in and feeding the info into the MyFitnessPal app as part of calorie counting.

The ideal would be to be able to combine that with a golf GPS to save using 2 devices.

I tried the Smartwatch route but the apps were only OK and the Google Fit app was so broken that I took it back for a refund in less than a week.

So, aside from the Garmin Vivoactive which has mixed reviews, anyone know of any other options. It seems a perfect combination but also seems that most do not do this.

D

Deleted member 16999

Microsoft Band has Golf on it, works in conjuction with TaylorMade App

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Simple question, anyone know of any Golf GPS watches that also work well as a fitness tracker. I wear a fitbit as part of a new health kick and it has really helped, making sure I get my steps in and feeding the info into the MyFitnessPal app as part of calorie counting.

The ideal would be to be able to combine that with a golf GPS to save using 2 devices.

I tried the Smartwatch route but the apps were only OK and the Google Fit app was so broken that I took it back for a refund in less than a week.

So, aside from the Garmin Vivoactive which has mixed reviews, anyone know of any other options. It seems a perfect combination but also seems that most do not do this.

Youve done one well to disgard the vivoactive. It is the worst thing golf related I've ever owned, an I owned an SLDR!

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
How is the TM app now. Heard it was pretty sketchy when it came out.
Still sketchy, I've pretty much written off my MS Band as it's too unreliable although this is an original and don't know about 2nd Gen device. I don't think the golf part has really taken off so I can't see TM investing much time or money in it.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yet another with both a Vivoactive and an SLDR (albeit it is only a temporary return to the bag)

Had the vivoactive a few weeks, today was first time on the golf course. I already carry a laser so decided to check it a handful of times and was pleasantly surprised by how accurate it was (to within a yard or two). Nice to have the option.

Apart from the awful strap that comes as standard hard to fault the Vivoactive so far, albeit im only using the basic functions plus the GPS so far

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm using the Fenix 3 and its perfect for what I need. A key requirement I had was that I needed something I was happy to wear all of the time.
Only downside to it is that it is a little bit too big to be comfortable for sleep tracking.