Golf Films

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started to get a wee collection of golf related films.

Just watched The Greatest Game Ever Player and thought it was fantastic even the wife enjoyed it.

Including this so far I've got

Tin Cup
Caddy Shack
The Legend of Bagger Vance (just watching it now)
Happy Gilmore

Any other recommendations.

P.S: I do realise there is an old thread about this subject but it died 3 year ago and hope a new one will get a few more suggestions.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Do you want docu films too because "the short game" on Netflix is quite interesting, it's about a jr tournament they hold every year follows a few of the kids as they compete in and prepare for the event

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Didn't like either Legend or Tin Cup but thought Stroke of Genius and The Greatest Game were both decent movies - special effects suck in both though - you don't need a ball flying towards you at over tree height to get that it's a great shot

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Okay maybe not what you may call your traditional golf film, but anyway....

....Who's your Caddy

[video=youtube;McTKSbG6Jrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=McTKSbG6Jrg[/video]

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
And one more, based on a true story apparently..

[video=youtube;lKYfKidQnOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lKYfKidQnOQ[/video]

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A Gentlemans Game: Is a good film.
I liked 'Tin Cup'
'The greatest game ever played' was a good story.
'Follow the Sun' is an older film about Ben Hogan.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched 'The Short Game' Saturday night after a mate recommended it... it's a really good film. All 7 & 8 year old kids competing at Pinehurst for the title of best golfer in the world.

Makes you feel a bit inadequate when a 7 year old girl is a better golf than you are though...

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I thought Tin Cup and the original Caddyshack were quite good and captured the spirit of golf, but Caddyshack II was just silly!