Golf Course Closed again

Visit site
I’m sure they will, I just don’t see how that is described as a compromise.

So did the Club have a vote or was it the committee making the decision?
The (or board in our case) having taken into account feedback. It also meant the green staff could focus on the task in hand.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Closed today after the monsoon last night. Thought we were through this crap.
I must admit, I went to bed last night with thoughts of the flood in my garden and wondering what the consequences were going to be.

This morning I was pleasantly surprised by not only us being open but the full, summer course being open for the first time this year.

A round off the whites this afternoon for the first time since October, just a taster though, no card.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m in Yorkshire this weekend having travelled up from Dorset on Thursday to visit my parents. I was hoping to get in at least 18 holes whilst here. So, before packing my clubs I checked the websites of a couple of courses to see if I could get any info. Both were still using fairway mats according to their webpage. My clubs are still on the south coast. According to my wife it is lovely and sunny down there, miserable, cold and cloudy in Batley. 😢

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
But it really is, I've never seen people win a trophy for playing social golf at their own club.
Some people take these comps very seriously.
I’ve said it before. It’s amateur handicap club golf. There is literally no difference in playing in a competition to playing a social round, other than the importance some people put on it in their own head.

If you came and played with me tomorrow morning. I could play in our monthly medal, you would be a visitor and not playing in it. What’s the difference?
We are both just playing a round of golf!

PaulMdj

Visit site
I’ve said it before. It’s amateur handicap club golf. There is literally no difference in playing in a competition to playing a social round, other than the importance some people put on it in their own head.

If you came and played with me tomorrow morning. I could play in our monthly medal, you would be a visitor and not playing in it. What’s the difference?
We are both just playing a round of golf!
100% correct, however, we are all different and some do struggle to play with that mindset.🤷‍♂️

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m in Yorkshire this weekend having travelled up from Dorset on Thursday to visit my parents. I was hoping to get in at least 18 holes whilst here. So, before packing my clubs I checked the websites of a couple of courses to see if I could get any info. Both were still using fairway mats according to their webpage. My clubs are still on the south coast. According to my wife it is lovely and sunny down there, miserable, cold and cloudy in Batley. 😢

Played Hollins Hall yesterday and it's fully open and only £15. Millionaires golf. Think we saw 2 other golfers on the course. It's a good 30 minutes drive from Batley but there are places fully open.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Between clubs and torn between renewing at my old and suffering with gripes or moving. The one thing holding me there is knowing from the 27 holes we had 18 in play all winter with only 7 days of closures which were one day only through the entire autumn / winter / spring.

I can’t believe clubs are still closed going into may.

Springveldt

Visit site
Closed today after the monsoon last night. Thought we were through this crap.
We booked the Trackman studio from 9-11 and after that effort it’s probably best that we didn’t go out.

Went into the clubhouse after for some breakfast and the vice captain came in and told us that the course was now open if we fancied going out but I had to be back for 1pm.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We booked the Trackman studio from 9-11 and after that effort it’s probably best that we didn’t go out.

Went into the clubhouse after for some breakfast and the vice captain came in and told us that the course was now open if we fancied going out but I had to be back for 1pm.
Indoor swing studios, when done properly, are a real asset when the weather is bad. I wonder how many clubs will look to install one after this winter?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How many must install one
But how many golfers can you get in an indoor swing studio?
Must, that's an interesting one for committee's to ponder.

Crow, 2-4 golfers per session (an hour). You can't satisfy everyone but it gets people in the club, hopefully buying food and drink, still playing golf when their course is out of action. Keeps the connection between club and members.

They aren't cheap, each club has to work out the figures to see if they add up.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Must, that's an interesting one for committee's to ponder.

Crow, 2-4 golfers per session (an hour). You can't satisfy everyone but it gets people in the club, hopefully buying food and drink, still playing golf when their course is out of action. Keeps the connection between club and members.

They aren't cheap, each club has to work out the figures to see if they add up.
With our TopTracer its 4 to a bay & gonna double that when they go double decker soon.