Golf Clubs Around Ascot

Hxck

Visit site
Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving to Ascot at the moment, and am struggling to find a nice course there that doesn't require proposal from an existing member. I've played a handful nearby (The Berkshire, Worplesdon, Bearwood Lakes, etc) but have yet to find one course at a similar level that has an accessible waiting list. I've only been playing for a few years so don't have much in the way of a golf network outside of my current club which is a fair distance away.

Does anyone have any experience trying to get into any of these courses? Or is it just a case of joining a nearby club, networking, and hoping you cross paths with the right person?

ATB 🏌️‍♂️

4LEX

Visit site
I don't think Bearwood Lakes have a long waiting list and it's around £5k to join which is good value.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Homer is a member at Royal Ascot, I’m sure he would show you round there if it is of interest to you.

I’ve not played there myself, but the greens are supposed to be excellent.

Hxck

Visit site
It was in lovely condition when I played there, not quite on the level of some of the nicer ones I've played on the heathland belt but definitely very well maintained. My only concern would be how well it drains in the winter compared to some of the heathland alternatives as I play year round.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving to Ascot at the moment, and am struggling to find a nice course there that doesn't require proposal from an existing member. I've played a handful nearby (The Berkshire, Worplesdon, Bearwood Lakes, etc) but have yet to find one course at a similar level that has an accessible waiting list. I've only been playing for a few years so don't have much in the way of a golf network outside of my current club which is a fair distance away.

Does anyone have any experience trying to get into any of these courses? Or is it just a case of joining a nearby club, networking, and hoping you cross paths with the right person?

ATB 🏌️‍♂️

Are you sure these clubs will not accept a letter of introduction from your existing club.

I have not ever switched clubs but that used to be the system many years ago for players moving in to an area from a distant area.

I have never played there but Foxhills have always had good reviews

I used to live in Woking (40 years ago) and even then getting in to many of the more prestigious courses in the area was always difficult.

Hxck

Visit site
Are you sure these clubs will not accept a letter of introduction from your existing club.

I have not ever switched clubs but that used to be the system many years ago for players moving in to an area from a distant area.

I used to live in Woking (40 years ago) and even then getting in to many of the more prestigious courses in the area was always difficult.

Yes, I've spoken to their various secretaries. Seems a lot of nicer courses support inclusivity of golf, but not at their own club :ROFLMAO:

Puttingfromtherough

Visit site
Mill Ride in Ascot doesn't currently have a waiting list, great course, wet in the winter but still playable and never any temporary tees or greens, and the greens are excellent

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mill Ride in Ascot doesn't currently have a waiting list, great course, wet in the winter but still playable and never any temporary tees or greens, and the greens are excellent
Rumour is Mill Ride will be sold off as the government have legal ownership as the owners were arrested. I'm at Royal Ascot and would be happy to arrange a game at some point. Could possibly do bank holiday Monday afternoon

4LEX

Visit site

Well it's expensive obviously but I was talking in comparison to some of the other courses around that area which are more than double, long waiting lists and very tough to join!

It was in lovely condition when I played there, not quite on the level of some of the nicer ones I've played on the heathland belt but definitely very well maintained. My only concern would be how well it drains in the winter compared to some of the heathland alternatives as I play year round.

They've improved the drainage situation compared to what it was a few years ago but it's not going to match heathland courses in that regard.

Lovely courses but very busy, not really a proper members club.

Hxck

Visit site
Rumour is Mill Ride will be sold off as the government have legal ownership as the owners were arrested. I'm at Royal Ascot and would be happy to arrange a game at some point. Could possibly do bank holiday Monday afternoon
Appreciate that! I'm heading to a prospective course today, depending on how it goes I'll send you a message (y)