Golf Card scanners

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's just really poor admin.

All they need to do is note the final card dates on each box and then throw them away annually on a rolling basis when they are no longer required. Basic admin.

Sounds simple I agree. However having worked in many an office there is always something more pressing for your time.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe it wasn't communicated very well in advance?

It has been communicated for years it is not a new thing where I play.

At the end of the day it comes down to payers laziness it is quicker and easier to just chuck your card in the box and let someone else do it. Bit like the guys who NR every hole because they know they will not win.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's amazing how people learn when they have no choice. Remember how people wouldn't go cashless before the pandemic? Now cashless is standard.

In terms of those without smart phones, at clubs without a PSI, how many actually come into that category? For those that do how many are in a group with no smart phone who can't enter for the others? The numbers left will be miniscule and for those, hand them to someone in the next group who can input them for a drink and then wash their hands.

No ability to add other scores only your own.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's just really poor admin.

All they need to do is note the final card dates on each box and then throw them away annually on a rolling basis when they are no longer required. Basic admin.

There was, and might still be (waiting for EG responce) up to Nov, for cards to be kept for one year, Qs only. But I agree, anything longer, off to recycle bin.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Let's start the clock ?.....

Now....

Look at latest card, write date on box, put lid on box, store box in date order with other boxes.

Stop the clock...!

If docs need to be kept for a certain amount of time, that's how it's done. I made that a few seconds, not doing it is just lazy, poor admin.

+ Pick up the box walk to the other end of the car park to put in the skip all the time with 2 or 3 people waiting in the office with a query phone going etc yesterdays cards waiting to be processed etc etc

As said sounds simple enough

D

Deleted member 15344

There are a number of formats that don’t have “online” scoring - bogey being one , IG has also a great deal number of issues with both their Pace method and via the APP with various models of phones. We also still have a good 20/30 people who don’t have a smart phone with them.

There is still a need for a manual card and there will be for a good while yet - social golf is a perfect example so whilst a good number entering the scores via a phone is good until everyone can do it then it’s still just a nice thing

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Presumably that is just a case of logging in, enter your score, logging out, logging in as the other person? It's all cloud based so you can log in on any device.

Most apps are person specific, granted you could go into the inter web but as half of the bods Carnot remember their birthday, trying to get a working password will be murder.

D

Deleted member 15344

I believe we can upload scores for ourselves and at least one playing partner on IG as we go, not bothered myself so far but some were discussing it previously.

You can take a photo of peoples card and send it in etc but you can’t enter people’s scores at the moment , they were looking at putting something that allows you to enter a full fourball plus upload the card

sunshine

Visit site
Surely if you take a photo of the card and upload it then you don’t need the actual physical card any more after that? Saves a lot of pointless archiving.

All my cards this year have gone in the recycling bin after I have submitted them electronically.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely if you take a photo of the card and upload it then you don’t need the actual physical card any more after that? Saves a lot of pointless archiving.

All my cards this year have gone in the recycling bin after I have submitted them electronically.

Where I play it simply a matter of trust and a means of checking the score easily.

Players can enter their scores via the app or the PSI terminal.

We still require cards to be returned in case of the need to verify.

We tried the photo method but to honest it is just too time consuming compared to checking cards.

It also does not work well when two thirds of the field are not using that method.

We still use the photo method for General Play rounds (Supplementary Scores) as clearly it involves very few cards on a daily basis compared to the 100 plus in a comp.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stop finding sensible solutions to all his imaginary obstacles. You are ruining his feeble argument. :ROFLMAO:

I presume by his you mean me, I’m willing to take any practical advise you have to offer as we have been using apps for scores input since they were allowed under the R&A. Your committee experience is invaluable, I was only pointing out that the electronic answer for some members is not an option an there are other problems associated with it. Any suggestions you can offer will be gratefully accepted.