Golf Caddie Book

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty certain I read an interview with a caddie in possibly golf monthly (or maybe another magazine) about a golf caddie who was releasing a book about his life on the road as a caddie. Included stories about turning up at courses hoping to get a bag, living from week to week, travel etc. I don't think he was a top caddie like Steve Williams who has a book out but was a travelling caddie who didn't always caddie for pro's on tour.

User20204

Visit site
It's an old one but 'Four Iron in the Soul' is a good read on that front if you haven't read it before. Fascinating to see behind the curtain, perhaps even more so for players who are struggling for some reason.

That wasn't about a caddie turning up for a bag, any bag. It was Lawrence Donegan on Ross Drummond's bag for a year, a brilliant and funny book but not what the OP is describing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That wasn't about a caddie turning up for a bag, any bag. It was Lawrence Donegan on Ross Drummond's bag for a year, a brilliant and funny book but not what the OP is describing.
I know, that's why I said it's an old one. The OP is talking about a book soon to be released. I mentioned it as it is a good caddie book that he might want to read at some point.

User20204

Visit site
I know, that's why I said it's an old one. The OP is talking about a book soon to be released. I mentioned it as it is a good caddie book that he might want to read at some point.

Indeed, apologies, I re read your post again there, where earlier I read it differently.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers all. I'll check the suggestions. It is a holiday read that's needed so I'm sure they'll do.

It may just have been a magazine interview only but did think it was with a view to a book being published.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers,just purchased for my holiday read.

Don’t want to hijack the thread,but anyone read Slaying the tiger?

Any other good golf books?

John Daly’s autobiography is a good read.

I really enjoyed Slaying the Tiger - if anyone is planning to read it then I'd go sooner than later. It's a look at the players who were coming through at the time to fill the void from Tiger so Bubba, Reed, Spieth, Fowler etc and a few others with more challenging stories if I recall like Every. Works well now as you obviously no the players and they've not been around masses of time (although now very much established).