Golf break companies

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Are there any that get good reviews? Geez, just checked a few reviews on Trust Pilot for Your Golf Travel and Golf Holidays Direct! Not good.

Is there any advantage in using one of these firms to organise a UK based trip at somewhere like Forest of Arden or is it better to just book direct?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't use them for the UK, whenever I've looked to compare with something I've organised, there hasn't been a price benefit.

I can see some benefit in using them if booking overseas for the simplicity of them organising things in countries where it might not otherwise be so easy to do yourself, or if you want the additional protection that comes with ABTA.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I booked a weekend at Forest Pines via YGT, they were cheaper than booking direct (when FP was a Q Hotel, haven't been since it became a DoubleTree) and I also got 20% off drinks for the whole party. Worth checking everyone's prices.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've never had an issue with golfbreaks (decade plus of booking UK and overseas) including with Covid hitting breaks and rolling forward trips (admittedly didn't try for a refund). I think it's marginal whether to use them for UK breaks but it doesn't seem to change the price, they can guide a bit on locations although seasoned golfers normally know most places, and their portal for deposit, booking info and final payment is easy.

They have to call the hotel to check tee times but they normally know rough availability for most hotels and if a hotel is full/no good tee times then they'll search other options before calling back.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Are there any that get good reviews? Geez, just checked a few reviews on Trust Pilot for Your Golf Travel and Golf Holidays Direct! Not good.

Is there any advantage in using one of these firms to organise a UK based trip at somewhere like Forest of Arden or is it better to just book direct?
Which was the Company you had major problems with last year?

Zig

Visit site
I booked a weekend at Forest Pines via YGT, they were cheaper than booking direct (when FP was a Q Hotel, haven't been since it became a DoubleTree) and I also got 20% off drinks for the whole party. Worth checking everyone's prices.

Have just done the same too... cheaper through YGT than direct with Forest Pines. Feel better paying the YGT price than feeling ripped off direct with their high green fee.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Which was the Company you had major problems with last year?

YGT.
Eventually got our refunds back for our cancelled trips in line with the law! I created a WhatsApp group and we were able to "persuade" them in to a refund deal over two payments. It left a very sour taste in our mouths, there was around 30 of us representing quite a few more golfers who were all being told that they didn't need to offer refunds!

PatrickMack18

Visit site

Golf Travel Centre, please find the reviews link below.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/golftravelcentre.com

Full transparency, I am a Director of Golf Travel Centre. We are proud that we have zero bad reviews from throughout the pandemic period. All bookings have been adjusted or refunded as requested.

Also, we are one of the very few UK Golf Travel Providers with full ABTA & ATOL protection that has been renewed into 2022.

Happy to talk via DM if anyone needs any assistance.

In regards to UK bookings, we will always be able to offer a reduced price compared to booking direct, plus you will receive more protection in case anything goes wrong.