Golf Brands

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I think it's well known on here that Adams made decent stuff. Until they were bought out by Taylor Made so they could nick all their patents. :LOL: Velocity slot anyone?

I had a few Adams woods and hybrids in the past but I've since swapped them all for Pings, which I've found slightly easier to hit. Not that Adams were difficult, but you know, easier the better.
Completely agree, I don't think I'd hit the XTD ti 3 wood as well as the Ping I have. 5 wood, I've added a degree of loft, and it's a very hot face.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Completely agree, I don't think I'd hit the XTD ti 3 wood as well as the Ping I have. 5 wood, I've added a degree of loft, and it's a very hot face.
I actually had the adjustable XTD ti hybrid for a little while, I just got it because I wanted to try the slightly heavier Matrix Red Tie (I think?) shaft it had. I quite liked it and the face was really hot on that too, but ultimately I preferred the G25 when I tried that.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's well known on here that Adams made decent stuff. Until they were bought out by Taylor Made so they could nick all their patents. :LOL: Velocity slot anyone?

I had a few Adams woods and hybrids in the past but I've since swapped them all for Pings, which I've found slightly easier to hit. Not that Adams were difficult, but you know, easier the better.

My Driver / 3 wood ad hybrid are all Adams. Cannot see me ever changing, well not for the forseeable future.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm a little surprised no-one said anything in response to my comment about my Adams club feeling better quality than the Ping, TM and Callaway I have. When I mentioned it to my brother, his comment was he never perceived Adams being anywhere the top manufacturers, and was very surprised at my comment.

Not sure why you are surprised by that! Adams made some great equipment and were generally accepted as being one of the best hybrid manufacturers in the world. Their hybrids were in loads of tour pro's bags. Personally I believe the loss of Adams to the golf industry was shameful. Surprised TM "killed" the brand, could easily have kept it running under the TM umbrella.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I kind of do it in reverse. I'll only look at recognised golf brands but I'll flat out refuse to pay the crazy top end prices. I look for the cheapest I can get that suits me from a recognised brand.

With clothing it's normally UA or Adidas and shoes is FJ only because Adidas/Nike etc I just find far too warm

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
All my clubs are Ping. With exception of a lob wedge from eBay they are all G30.
My bag is Nike.
Most of my clothing is Nike but I have 2 warmer Ping tops.
And last week I finally ran out of Nike balls.

So I am fairly loyal. Mostly.

Now I have TM balls in the bag but Srixon on standby already.
And like all of us I ordered something from UnderArmour last week. ;-)

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Name and brand is totally irrelevant to me. I use, wear and carry what works. Quality is key and they could make it pink with purple spots and I would happily use/carry/wear it. Cudn't give a monkey what it looks like or what they call it.

The older I get the less I care about things that mattered a lot many many years ago. I love getting older

craigstardis1976

Head Pro
Visit site
I am a snob in that I like my stuff to match but I am more in to what suits me better. If it sends a signal to anyone I would like it to be:"He seems to have confidence in his clubs and keeps hem looking good."

2014 Taylormade Jetspeed Driver set to 14.5 degrees.
2014 Taylormade Jetspeed 19 degree wood.
2014 Taylormade Jetspeed 23 degree wood.
1992 Ping Eye2 Plus 1 to 9 Iron, PW, SW LW with identical serial numbers. Red dot.
C. 1970 Ping Anser Bronze
Careworn Ping Hoofer with Grayhawk logo in Ping corporate colors.
Generics stars and stripes headcovers
Titleist Pro V1 usually from Lost Golf Balls.
Not fussed about clothing brands.