Golf Brands

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to say no but it is not the case. There are definitely brands I would not even look at because of the name, daft I accept. My slight redemption, most of my gear is 2nd hand so I am brand conscious on a budget :LOL:

User20204

Visit site
100% snob here. Titleist phanboy also though I do play fitted callaway Irons but won't use another ball than a prov1. Clothes have to be matching in colour have to have a matching titleist hat with the clothes colour, it's all a bit embarrassing now I'm mentioning it :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nope, not a brand snob at all. Never owned irons by any of the biggest names (only has Orka, Adams and Wilson Staff). Have had bigger name woods but normally buy a model that is a couple of years old so pretty cheap. Clothing is generally cheap as chips chinos (have even dyed a couple of pairs to get the colour I wants) and golf shirts sometimes branded if they come from TKMaxx or M&M Direct. Shoes are all older models and never spend more than £50 a pair.

Nothing I have tried has convinced me that I would get any benefit from spending more than I do.

Fabia999

Visit site
It would be interesting to find out if somebody who self claims as a snob would use smaller name brands if it was a performance increase?

I definitely see the appeal with being a brand snob. I would love a full set of brand new titleist irons etc but I've been fitted and my Cleveland Launchers were best. I was always going to get the ones that fitted best.

Same with golf balls. I love the wilson staff DX2 Soft. I think I will get a box of Callaway chromesoft for my next just to see difference.

Maybe if my handicap was single figures id look at pro v1, but how much difference do they really make for 40 odd pounds per box?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ping G400 driver and 5 wood.
Ping G400 crossover.
Callaway Epic pro irons ,
Mac daddy wedges.
TM spider x putter.
Powakaddy bag.
Not a snob just they fit my game best.
I would have a teapot on a stick if it worked, just think you get what you pay for.

Visit site
I'm anti OEM. All my clubs are from little known companies or a one man band. Even my new tour bag has been personally designed for me cos I've always wanted one. Yes I've got PXG woods but I don't class them as mainstream. I just like being different.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I like to play lots of different brands so I wouldn't say I was a snob but I agree with what Bxm Foxy said about being able to tell the difference in quality.
I've got some budget end stuff, McGhie for instance, and you can see and feel the difference between the better clubs like Slazenger or John Letters. Even across a brand, Dunlop for instance, their better gear stands out from the lower end clubs.

D

Deleted Member 1156

My bag is made up of clubs that work best for me, end of. There are 5 different brands in it.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm anti OEM. All my clubs are from little known companies or a one man band. Even my new tour bag has been personally designed for me cos I've always wanted one. Yes I've got PXG woods but I don't class them as mainstream. I just like being different.

Who are the OEMs in golf? Can someone explain? I thought all the mainstream companies made and marketed their own stuff?

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I'm a little surprised no-one said anything in response to my comment about my Adams club feeling better quality than the Ping, TM and Callaway I have. When I mentioned it to my brother, his comment was he never perceived Adams being anywhere the top manufacturers, and was very surprised at my comment.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a little surprised no-one said anything in response to my comment about my Adams club feeling better quality than the Ping, TM and Callaway I have. When I mentioned it to my brother, his comment was he never perceived Adams being anywhere the top manufacturers, and was very surprised at my comment.
I think it's well known on here that Adams made decent stuff. Until they were bought out by Taylor Made so they could nick all their patents. :LOL: Velocity slot anyone?

I had a few Adams woods and hybrids in the past but I've since swapped them all for Pings, which I've found slightly easier to hit. Not that Adams were difficult, but you know, easier the better.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I wouldn't say I am a brand snob with this lot;

Callaway Epic SZ driver - best for me at my fitting
Adams tight lies 3+5 woods - have tried others but these just work for me
Mizuno blades - to be replaced any day with Srixon 565's
Cleveland wedges
Scotty putter - probably my 1 snobbish club
Clothing wise I am not fussed what make it is as long as its not "slim" or "athletic fit" as I am neither!
My bag is a cheapish waterproof one from Ebay
Shoes are Mizuno
i use chromesoft balls