Golf Bag Recommendations For a Trolley

AdamW

Visit site
Have gone down a bit of a rabbit hole in research.

Looking for a good quality bag specifically made to be walked with on a trolley and where the clubs will not snag while getting them out of the bag.

Ideally do not want to spend over £100 but happy to spend a little more or go into the second hand market if it means a better product.

So far i have found these bags come up a lot in research:

• Ping Transverse
  • Ping DTX
  • Sun Mountain C-130

Any recommendations appreciated please

D

Deleted member 16999

Looking for a good quality bag specifically made to be walked with on a trolley and where the clubs will not snag while getting them out of the bag.

Ideally do not want to spend over £100 but happy to spend a little more or go into the second hand market if it means a better product.

• Ping Transverse
  • Ping DTX
  • Sun Mountain C-130

Have a look at the bag in the New Bargains Thread I’ve posted.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Big Max, I have the Aqua Hybrid, it’s a cart & carry bag, 14 divider, fully waterproof and a good price, no need to swap over the clubs all the time.

Excellent pockets and space also.

Sun Mountain developed faults and the after sales/customer service was non-existent.

Last edited:

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site

• Ping Transverse
  • Ping DTX
  • Sun Mountain C-130

I think that it's Ping DLX, but that notwithstanding, you've already got the best ones picked from my point of view.

The Vessel Lux Cart 2.0 is another really good choice.
But one hundred pounds sterling might not get it done.

AdamW

Visit site
I think that it's Ping DLX, but that notwithstanding, you've already got the best ones picked from my point of view.

The Vessel Lux Cart 2.0 is another really good choice.
But one hundred pounds sterling might not get it done.

Does the ping DLX have any major advantages over the Transverse?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shame just sold a Ping Traverse, has a nice slot the strap went through, bought a waterproof cart bag (Ouul) instead.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Big Max, I have the Aqua Hybrid, it’s a cart & carry bag, 14 divider, fully waterproof and a good price, no need to swap over the clubs all the time.

Excellent pockets and space also.

Sun Mountain developed faults and the after sales/customer service was non-existent.

4B84C5F9-3734-4DFD-9FF2-4A9827B62952.jpeg

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Does the ping DLX have any major advantages over the Transverse?
It's a little bit bigger, that's all.

The DLX and the Pioneer have fifteen full-length dividers for American cheaters like me,
while the Traverse has fourteen slots for honorable gentlemen such as yourself.
All three are excellent bags, a little on the expensive side but durable and handsome.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site

The DLX and the Pioneer have fifteen full-length dividers for American cheaters like me,
All three are excellent bags, a little on the expensive side but durable and handsome.

I’m sure you only ever put your umbrella in the fifteenth divider. ?

AdamW

Visit site

Thanks for the decent info, which colour scheme did you go for?

Yea they are expensive but think with bags it might be you get what you pay for job

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've got the Titleist StaDry which is outside of your budget but the thing is that golf bag prices have risen tremendously however you can still find them if you're not worried about getting a "big" brand. Places like Clubhouse golf have a selection from £60.00 upwards.
My Titleist has 14 individual slots which I find better for club sorting and selection.
If you can afford it, I'd suggest you consider a waterproof golf bag. It really helps if you do play golf in all weathers.

AdamW

Visit site
I've got the Titleist StaDry which is outside of your budget but the thing is that golf bag prices have risen tremendously however you can still find them if you're not worried about getting a "big" brand. Places like Clubhouse golf have a selection from £60.00 upwards.
My Titleist has 14 individual slots which I find better for club sorting and selection.
If you can afford it, I'd suggest you consider a waterproof golf bag. It really helps if you do play golf in all weathers.

I have found this at Clubhouse which seems like a great deal? Just not sure how you check if they are full dividers and know if the clubs

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Benross-Pro-Golf-Cart-Bag-Black-Red.html#SID=9158

Titleist StaDry looks really nice especially in black and red! Looks like if i wait a while i should be able to get a used one on ebay for around £100. Is there any down sides to it or would you buy the same again?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I bought a Ping Transverse from our Pro Shop on Black Friday - getting it for £100. I use a Motocaddy Cube 3 - it fits on just fine and dandy and works for me.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
I have found this at Clubhouse which seems like a great deal? Just not sure how you check if they are full dividers and know if the clubs

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Benross-Pro-Golf-Cart-Bag-Black-Red.html#SID=9158

Titleist StaDry looks really nice especially in black and red! Looks like if i wait a while i should be able to get a used one on ebay for around £100. Is there any down sides to it or would you buy the same again?
I don't know if the Benross has full length dividers but a lot of them don't.
I'm very happy with my Titleist. I got it from our pro shop when he had a 25% sale so I got it for £149 instead of £199. I've had it for about three years now and no issues. It's survived the worst a Scottish winter (and summer) can throw at it. It's also the black and red ;)

AdamW

Visit site

Does the DLX work well on a trolley / push cart or does it become too big and starts causing issues?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'm not sure that it would cause issues but the DLZ is as big as a staff bag except that the garment pockets are on the side instead one huge one in back and it has full-length dividers.
It's definitely designed for what we would call a cart and you would call a buggy.

The Traverse should be perfect for most trolleys, I would think.

The Pioneer is somewhere in the middle.

All three are very nice bags, though. At least I think so.

AdamW

Visit site
I'm not sure that it would cause issues but the DLZ is as big as a staff bag except that the garment pockets are on the side instead one huge one in back and it has full-length dividers.
It's definitely designed for what we would call a cart and you would call a buggy.

The Traverse should be perfect for most trolleys, I would think.

The Pioneer is somewhere in the middle.

All three are very nice bags, though. At least I think so.
I don't know if the Benross has full length dividers but a lot of them don't.
I'm very happy with my Titleist. I got it from our pro shop when he had a 25% sale so I got it for £149 instead of £199. I've had it for about three years now and no issues. It's survived the worst a Scottish winter (and summer) can throw at it. It's also the black and red ;)

Just been doing a bit of research on this bag. Quiet a few reviews are saying they have experienced leaking.

It sounds as though you have not had such problems?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Just been doing a bit of research on this bag. Quiet a few reviews are saying they have experienced leaking.

It sounds as though you have not had such problems?
I can only say about mine and I bought this at the start of 2017 when Scotland experienced it's wettest summer for 20 years! I remember saying to the Pro I bought it from that I didn't realise it was compulsory for it to rain every time I went out with it.
You have to make sure the zips are fully closed correctly, and I always say with bags like this with fine teeth on the zips that you don't overload the pockets and put excess strain on the zips. But for me, I've not experienced any issues.
Oh, there is one thing. The grab handle is over the putter well which is fine if you have a conventional anser style putter but if you have a mallet it can catch on it. It's not a major issue, just a minor irritation.