Golf architecture / course design / great holes book

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking into something for the course that I'm a member at, and whereas I've looked at lots of things online, sometimes you just can't beat a glossy big picture book - no, not that type.

If anyone can recommend a book that shows (whether pictures, or design drawings, but ideally both) famous, and not so famous golf holes would appreciate it. I had a look on Ebay and Amazon last night and some decent looking ones on there, but only shows the cover, obviously. Particularly something that may show Redans, Alps, Double plateau, Leven, punchbowl type holes etc

If anyone has any that they wouldn't mind loaning me for 2-3 months, would greatly appreciate it, and gladly pay 2 way postage, as it may only be required for the short term. Send me a PM!

Thanks,

LB

Reactions: Zig

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have range of books on Golf course architecture but none have what your after in them. You might struggle to get ones with all the template holes in them, as not all architects use the templates in their design theory. Not a book but a good resource is https://thefriedegg.com/category/school-of-golf-architecture/ all the template holes described and examples of each at different courses.