Course Layout/Design online books/references

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Does anyone have any good links about course layout or course design, online ? (not really a paper kind of reader, but would goto a book if that is the only choice, so please recommend)

Something I am interested in and had a great read recently on a course report on one of the courses I am a member of and potential changes, found it great to read about their recommendations and reasons behind them. Which has sparked a greater interest.

Really enjoyed the parts where they talk about making the course playable for shorter hitters and/or higher handicappers but play tougher/give more options for lower and/or longer hitters of the ball.

Many thanks for any links or suggestions to look at? Thanks :)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Keith Cutten, The evolution of golf course design could be worth a look. I have not read it, but there was a pod cast on the trap draw that spoke about it, and it sounded interesting. Have a listen to the pod cast. Probably expensive though. It is! $88 on Amazon. Flipping heck. Guessing lots of glossy pics.

Newnsy

Visit site
Trying listing to the fried egg podcast, all about golf course design maintenance etc gets quite full on sometimes.
or for a totally different approach download the game the golf club and design your own courses ???

D

Deleted member 1147

On the top100courses website there is a section about iconic holes, where they are found, what defines them and copies around the world, which is an interesting read.

It’s called template holes, found in the news section.

evemccc

Visit site
Grounds for golf by Geoff Shackleford
The anatomy of a golf course by Tom Doak

Both very interesting.

Both very interesting.

Both very interesting.

Both very interesting.

I will second the Anatomy of a Golf Course as a good read you will enjoy

I am looking to source Tom Doak’s book Confidential book on GB &I....not keen on paying over £100 for it tho..?