GoKart come up trumps again

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been looking into purchasing an electric trolley recently, and was fairly set on a Motocaddy. However, after reading all these stories about GoKart I'm seriously tempted. I love the design, especially the black/green one, it's at a lower price point than Motocaddy by about £50 and the after-care service sounds amazing. Impressed!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having seen recent twitter grumbles about powacaddy, Gokart seem amazing! I think it was coach lockey moaning about them, he then got blocked by powacaddy! And i think it was about a trolley under 3 months old!

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Or perhaps it's a blood
y good company who recognise that customer satisfaction is paramount and always go that extra mile!

I find it difficult to see how a rubber bungee breaking after 4 years of regular use requires the investment into production that you suggest. I'd rather a product that doesn't cost the earth when new, and is so well supported by its very affable owners and staff, in the way they have. The amount of posts on here really don't suggest that there product is poor and, has been said, almost all the posts are not critical of the product but complimentary of the backup and you are welcome to your views Robin but, on this one, you are very wide of the mark.

I disagree for the points I have already raised, its great that they do what they do afterwards, i'd rather not have to drag my trolley and bag from the furthest point on a golf course just to experience it personaly!

On a separate note and to keep things juicy, it looks like it belongs or has escaped from Lego land :p

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I disagree for the points I have already raised, its great that they do what they do afterwards, i'd rather not have to drag my trolley and bag from the furthest point on a golf course just to experience it personaly!

On a separate note and to keep things juicy, it looks like it belongs or has escaped from Lego land :p

Strangely enough Robin when the bottom rubber bungee finally snapped after 4 years I was in the car park and didn't need to carry it all back across the course in my arms!

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I unfortunately agree, I would rather have the peace of mind I wouldn't experience as many wide spread issues as I've read on here, I accept that their after-sales comes as across as exemplary, but I've not considered buying a GoKart trolley when in the market due to the many issues I've read about.

I also don't fully accept Smithy's spin on it, if the many members on here felt aggrieved about problems they'd experienced and the lack of help or assistance they'd received from any other manufacturer, I'm sure they'd mention on it here, after all, there all a fickle lot, aren't they :smirk:

With you 100% on that thought amigo.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've been looking into purchasing an electric trolley recently, and was fairly set on a Motocaddy. However, after reading all these stories about GoKart I'm seriously tempted. I love the design, especially the black/green one, it's at a lower price point than Motocaddy by about £50 and the after-care service sounds amazing. Impressed!

You won't regret swapping your choice. I'm a big GK fan and to be honest find the posts bemoaning the number of faults laughable. A lot are niggly issues you'd associate with all big manufacturers, but it's the way GK go about handling these so well that sets them apart

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You won't regret swapping your choice. I'm a big GK fan and to be honest find the posts bemoaning the number of faults laughable. A lot are niggly issues you'd associate with all big manufacturers, but it's the way GK go about handling these so well that sets them apart

So your laughing at me because I don't share this big love-in and have my own opinion!!!!

Oh, and why have you bought a Motocaddy also since owning a GK, I'm sure I've read that you use another trolley also?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So your laughing at me because I don't share this big love-in and have my own opinion!!!!

Have you ever owned a GoKart Robin?
My first one (purchased about 5 or 6 years ago) was damaged in an accident caused by a friend of mine.
Totally self inflicted and shouldn't have been covered under warranty.
But I emailed GoKart, they came and picked mine up (lending me another trolley completely free of charge whilst they had mine) and returned mine a few days later as good as new. No charge for collection, loan or delivery back.
Now you are possibly going to come back with "well if the GoKart had been any good it wouldn't have broken"....but if you saw what happened to it, you could understand why it did, and most (most) other makes of trolley would have been damaged in some way.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My first one (purchased about 5 or 6 years ago) was damaged in an accident caused by a friend of mine.
But I emailed GoKart, they came and picked mine up (lending me another trolley completely free of charge whilst they had mine) and returned mine a few days later as good as new. No charge for collection, loan or delivery back.
Now you are possibly going to come back with "well if the GoKart had been any good it wouldn't have broken"....but if you saw what happened to it, you could understand why it did, and most (most) other makes of trolley would have been damaged in some way.

I haven't denied that they have and display excellent after-sales Rob and that they help and put peoples trolleys right even out of guarantee, I just keep reading these kind of threads about that service which is all well and good but the bottom line is its only because something went wrong with them either in or out of warranty in the first place! Its that and that alone that puts me off as it comes across as though yes, you can buy a GK and have the knowledge that when it goes wrong you will be looked after, I'd rather not have to know I'll experience that personally, I just don't see it as a selling point, that's my opinion and view on it, I don't think its laughable as Martin seems to think, now him getting to and staying in single figures, now that's laughable :smirk:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

you can lead a horse to water Smiffy!

I had exactly the same last time I posted, Mashleyr7 smashed the wheel with a mishit ball so it was never a warranty matter although the trolley was still covered. One phone call, next day replacement parts arrive all free of charge. I can't see the other manufacturers all doing the same but, if they do, please post here and tell us!

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
there must have been more threads over the last few years about broken GK than any other product, not just trolleys. Yes they're good at fixing them but that's because their model seems to be a cheaper product with cheap parts that are cheap to replace.

I've never posted about fixing my 5 year old motocaddy because it's never missed a beat in 5 years. Each to their own but I'd rather have something that won't let me down half way through a round or smash to pieces if it gets knocked about

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
there must have been more threads over the last few years about broken GK than any other product, not just trolleys. Yes they're good at fixing them but that's because their model seems to be a cheaper product with cheap parts that are cheap to replace.

I've never posted about fixing my 5 year old motocaddy because it's never missed a beat in 5 years. Each to their own but I'd rather have something that won't let me down half way through a round or smash to pieces if it gets knocked about

Yes, each to their own, but I have to say that I've never read on here of a Gokart letting anybody down half way through a round. It has certainly never happened to me during my 5 years of ownership.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I experienced GoKart customer services a couple of weeks into ownership and whilst it was an excellent service I have since sold the tolley on and gone to a clicgear.
I was always concerned that parts could snap being plastic and I just wanted something more robust. I never felt I could trust the trolley being stood upright within its bag.