Goddamn weather

mass

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was meant to be getting fitted for irons this morning but my pro rang about an hour before to say it was to windy and the rain was coming straight into the booths at the range.
Apparently the launch monitor doesnt like the wind as it is a bit tempromental.

Now booked for Monday. hope this wind dies off.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Its terrible ain't it! I was hoping to get to the range but there's just no point when its like this.

Tiger Woods on the Wii it is....

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone got an idea how this Januarys weather stacks up against seasonal norms.?
Seems much wetter that normal to me.

Tiger Woods Wii- the on screen indicators leave a lot to be decided. The game play and graphics are good enough but it's not as user friendly as I hoped it would be. A little disapointed.

Scored 299 on the bowling the other day- 9 strikes and a 9/1 split on the last round- gutted
:(

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played on wednesday and apart from the wind it was like summer. I pinged a pw on a par 3 and i swear the ball started coming back towards me mid flight it was that windy.

Oh and Tiger woods on the wii, i just started playing so i aint decided if its good or bad yet, but the bowlin is so addictive, My high score is only 250ish!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Oh and Tiger woods on the wii, i just started playing so i aint decided if its good or bad yet, but the bowlin is so addictive, My high score is only 250ish!

Totally agree on the bowling, the tennis game is a hoot as well especially after a couple of ..ahem... barley waters

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well, our courses are closed again today so more computerised golf for me...

I think the game is fine (Woods on Wii), the swing can be a bit too sensitive for my liking, sometimes I don't think I've moved the controller and I find I've just duffed it 50yds - hey, it's quite realistic afterall ;) My bowling on the Wii is average (230ish) but am doing well as Mario and Sonic Olympics.

Anyone got any other golf games they pass the time with. I used to play Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Challenge however its not as good on the laptop as it is on a PC. Some great amateur designers out there have recreated some of the worlds top courses plus there are loads of original creations available for free downloading. Well worth looking out for any computer golf fans.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got 9 holes in today and wished I hadnt gone out.
Two pars in total and the rest were unmentionable.
On the last hole I drove into the second bunker on the left of our fairway and had around an 80yd shot to the uphill green, Managed to completely nuke it cleanly and watched in horror as it headed towards our heavily glassed frontage of the clubhouse. Such a crack noise and the ball bounded back into play beside the green, chiped on and sank the putt for par! haha the other three fellas laughed a lot then we went to inspect the damage, just a mark where the bakk must have had a bit of sand st stuck to it and scored the white paintwork around a foot from a function room window.

T

thecraw

Managed about 8 holes today. Course shouldnt have been open it was wetter than a wet wednesday on a wet day on the wettest day in january in the wettest january of the wettest year!!!!

It was very wet incase you were wondering!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
its actually been dry and bright here past 2 days so hopefully tomorrow will be the same and my local short course should be in good condition, always is even last few weeks its been excellent. I play tiger woods on the 360 but its just not the same as the wii. I love wii golf too its a right laugh. Best score is -6 and that wasnt in the same round as my ace, whats everyone else's best scope for wii golf?

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice for some :D

Course closed again. Ah well roll on February! Hopefully next week I will get in Sat / Sun / Mon games. Need to get my practise in before the Scotland game 22nd Feb! :)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
al be out mon tues and wed this week, i hate workin the weekends, i keep thinkin of everyone else out there on the greens! I bet it lashes down when am off now!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lovely days both yesterday and today, little windybut bright sunshine and not too cold. Managed to bit 9 in yesterday and 18 today. Lets hope for more of the same in February.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday (very poorly). Royal Ascot was fully operational with no mats or winter greens. The greens were actually in very good condition. THe course had been shut recently and it looks like the green staff have taken the opprotunity ot do some remedial work.

They were quite fast yesterday (for the time of year) and seemed very smooth without the usual bobbles you would associate with winter greens. Not sure but it almost looked as if they had had a light rolling.

It was a lovely day dry and sunny but the wind was quite strong (approx 20 mph). No excuses for playing badly just a bad day at the office

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
it has been gorgeous here but sadly not been able to get on the course due to 'domestic' issues! however took my two dogs for their usual stroll with pitching wedge and three balls but as football was going on couldn't even hit a ball. the wedge came in handy though as a ownerless dog got the hots for my bitch and i spent the entire walk dismounting the little sod. fair do's to the little chap but unless she laid down and thought of england he (jack russell) was never going to succeed with a husky.