GM vs Golf Magic - 29/30th May 2010 - Deposits Needed!!

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Right folks, i've been on the phone to Smiffy tonight and Forest Pines have asked for a 25% deposit to be paid before 1st September, so I therefore require a deposit of £29 per person paying as soon as possible.

After speaking to Smiffy, we have decided that the best way forward is that the first 20 to get their deposits in are in the team to play, if 20 have paid and another 4 want to pay then we may be able to raise the numbers, but we MUST have equal numbers come the actual game or it will not work the way we want to.

Forest Pines are also dealing with the entire occasion as 1 large booking, and Smiffy is dealing with them so I need you all to send your deposits to him, he will be along shortly with the details but I believe he would prefer a cheque.

If you pay your deposit then need to drop out, as long as your spot is filled by someone else then you will have your money refunded.

Also, a number of the Golf Magic boys are taking their partners, the price quoted to take your partner is £70 for the room and food, so if anyone is interested in doing this then let us know.

<u>Team Golf Monthly</u>
1 - KeefG (Team Captain) deposit paid
2 - Vig (Vice Captain)
3 - medwayjon
4 - Bobmac
5 - teegirl
6 - golfandmoregolf
7 - tincup
8 - njd
9 - Timberbonce
10 - TonyN
11 - Robo
12 - Golfmmad
13 - dodger
14 - GB72
15 - HomerJSimpson
16 - Viscount17
17 - theeaglehunter
18 - Stuart_C
19 - HTL
20 - mono217
21 - tonecapone
22 - forefortheday
23 - Whereditgo
24 - Imurg
25 - rob2
26 - Boycey1985
27 - RICHARD3879
28 - HarryMonk
29 - Yidio
30 - centuryg5
31 - HNJ
32 - Atticus_Finch
33 - Wildrover

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks very much Keith.
As has been mentioned above, I need to send a 25% deposit to Forest Pines by the 1st September, and this works out at approximately £29.00 per person.
If you could send a cheque, made payable to me (Mr R Smith) to the following address.....

72, Dorset Road,
Bexhill on Sea,
East Sussex,
TN40 1SQ

I will, of course, update this thread as I receive your cheques.
I will not be banking the cheques until nearer the 1st September, the idea of making the cheques out to me is that I can bank them all together and make one large payment to Forest Pines rather than confuse the issue of sending lots of seperate cheques up there!
The balance of the money is due one month before the actual date of the meet.
As Keith also mentions above, we have provisionally booked for 20 players per team, but if we receive more deposits than this we can increase the numbers so don't worry, everybody should get to play in what will be a great week-end away.
Any questions, please ask.
Thanks
Rob

I would prefer cheques to either direct bank transfers or paypal payments as it is much easier for me to keep a track on everything.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have no cheque book, any chance I can call them direct and pay the £29???

Hywel,
not being funny mate, that will just confuse things a bit. Have you not got a friend/family member who you could pay the £29.00 to and get them to send me a cheque on your behalf?
Homer has his name down. Could you not just give him the money when you next see him and get him to send me a cheque for £58.00?
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Where do we send payment and who do we make it payable to

See above (post 2)
;) ;) ;)

ONE OTHER VERY IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER........COULD YOU PLEASE WRITE YOUR SCREEN NICKNAME ON THE BACK OF THE CHEQUE WHEN YOU SEND IT SO THAT I KNOW WHO IT IS FROM!!
;) ;) ;) ;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The original quote was £129 but how much is it in total if the missus comes too?

The hotel want an additional £70.00 for non playing guests. So that would be £199.00.
No deposit required for the wife/partner at the moment, just need to worry about the actual players.
Quite a few of the Golf Magic lads are taking their wives etc. so if you fancy bringing your significant other they won't feel left out at all.
Rob

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not sure you will get Medwayjon to go. If he is fit, it will have been a year since he swung a club, what with his back injuries.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am afraid I cannot commit to this so early as next May it looks like I will have a stag do around that date and a monumental one at that,also Lads golf abroad soon after.I will take my chance on making up the numbers if and when.

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
I also cant commit this early as moving into a new house in the next couple of months and also moving golf clubs, also that is about the time that we generally book our holiday for. will just hope that there are spaces left if i can make it closer to the time

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is the £129 the final price or is there a supplement if there is only one person staying in the room?

The £129.00 price if for a player sharing a twin room. I have emailed the hotel this morning to find out if there is a single room supplement and will let you know as soon as I receive a reply.
Rob