GM vs Golf Magic - 29/30th May 2010 - Deposits Needed!!

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'll put myself on the reserve list to be honest I'm unlikely to make this, we went on holiday this year at this time so wih school holidays I guess it will be the same next year.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
<u>Team Golf Monthly</u>
1 - KeefG (Team Captain) paid
2 - rob2 paid

Vig (Vice Captain)
medwayjon
Bobmac
teegirl
golfandmoregolf
tincup
Timberbonce
TonyN
Robo
Golfmmad
dodger
GB72
HomerJSimpson
Viscount17
theeaglehunter
Stuart_C
HTL
mono217
tonecapone
forefortheday
Whereditgo
Imurg
Boycey1985
RICHARD3879
HarryMonk
Yidio
centuryg5
HNJ
Atticus_Finch
Wildrover

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Keef can you just re-confirm the costings of this as I only intend driving there, playing golf, having a laugh then driving home, I wont be doing it if its gonna cost me 129 quid????

I need to know exactly how much this outing is going to cost me as I can play there on my own much cheaper?? :D Sending a deposit is no prob though once I have confirmation of cost. ;)

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
HNJ - the £129 covers the cost of 18 holes of golf on saturday, dinner, 1 nights stay, breakfast & 18 holes of golf on sunday.

As for the cost of just golf on both days I have no idea fella, I can find out for you though i you like?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
HNJ - the £129 covers the cost of 18 holes of golf on saturday, dinner, 1 nights stay, breakfast & 18 holes of golf on sunday.

I have heard back from Forest Pines who confirm the following....

The cost for a "non-playing" partner is £70.00. This will get them the evening meal, the overnight accommodation and the full English breakfast.

The supplement for a single room occupancy is £30.00. So this would make the total you need to pay £159.00.

I haven't asked the price for somebody just playing the two rounds of golf. Looking at their website, the cost of a round is £50.00 so unless they are offering a special deal, this would be £100.00 for the two rounds. Bear in mind that we are playing on the Saturday and Sunday so you are less likely to get a reduction on the green fee as you would if it was being held "mid-week". If they hold out for their £50.00 a round green fee, this makes the cost of the accommodation and two meals an extra £29.00. Do you honestly think you are going to get better value than that anywhere??? Plus you would have the "craic" of being with 40 or so other like minded guys if you stayed at the hotel.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've trimmed this post to get it back on track. The purpose of the OP was for the organisers to collect deposits for this event.

I apologise if a few 'on topic' posts have been removed in the clean up.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
repeat:

sorry guys, this is Bank Holiday weekend and HID has made the sort of plans that you miss at your peril.

have a good one guys and for those going to the Octoberfest, I'll see you then

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right folks, i've been on the phone to Smiffy tonight and Forest Pines have asked for a 25% deposit to be paid before 1st September, so I therefore require a deposit of £29 per person paying as soon as possible.

After speaking to Smiffy, we have decided that the best way forward is that the first 20 to get their deposits in are in the team to play, if 20 have paid and another 4 want to pay then we may be able to raise the numbers, but we MUST have equal numbers come the actual game or it will not work the way we want to.

Forest Pines are also dealing with the entire occasion as 1 large booking, and Smiffy is dealing with them so I need you all to send your deposits to him, he will be along shortly with the details but I believe he would prefer a cheque.

If you pay your deposit then need to drop out, as long as your spot is filled by someone else then you will have your money refunded.

Also, a number of the Golf Magic boys are taking their partners, the price quoted to take your partner is £70 for the room and food, so if anyone is interested in doing this then let us know.

<u>Team Golf Monthly</u>
1 - KeefG (Team Captain) deposit paid
2 - Vig (Vice Captain)
3 - medwayjon
4 - Bobmac
5 - teegirl
6 - golfandmoregolf
7 - tincup
8 - njd
9 - Timberbonce
10 - TonyN
11 - Robo
12 - Golfmmad
13 - dodger
14 - GB72
15 - HomerJSimpson
16 - Viscount17
17 - theeaglehunter
18 - Stuart_C
19 - HTL
20 - mono217
21 - tonecapone
22 - forefortheday
23 - Whereditgo
24 - Imurg
25 - rob2
26 - Boycey1985
27 - RICHARD3879
28 - HarryMonk
29 - Yidio
30 - centuryg5
31 - HNJ
32 - Atticus_Finch
33 - Wildrover

Sooooo..... Although I'm 32nd on the list, if I pay my deposit now I'll be in the team?
Am I reading it right?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have received your deposit "CenturyG5".
Thanks for sending it so promptly and will make a note that you want a double room too.
Please could you "receipt" the first post if possible Keef?
Ta
Rob

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Team Golf Monthly
1 - KeefG (Team Captain) paid
2 - rob2 paid
3 - CenturyG5 paid

Vig (Vice Captain)
medwayjon
Bobmac
teegirl
golfandmoregolf
tincup
Timberbonce
TonyN
Robo
Golfmmad
dodger
GB72
HomerJSimpson
Viscount17
theeaglehunter
Stuart_C
HTL
mono217
tonecapone
forefortheday
Whereditgo
Imurg
Boycey1985
RICHARD3879
HarryMonk
Yidio
HNJ
Atticus_Finch
Wildrover

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Anymore deposits please lads???
The Golf Magic ones are coming in thick and fast (have 12 so far) and I have got to send the main deposit off to Forest Pines by the beginning of September.
It would really be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob